ACT 17

ACT 17

In Ashe's apartment living room, her couches were pushed aside and the coffee table was moved away, giving them a huge space to work at for their group projects.

All of them were formed in a sloppy circle, each of them holding either a pen, a bunch of papers or both.

"Okay," Lux spoke up. "It says here, Freljord was, and is still, the coldest places in the history of all nations in Runeterra."

"I think we already got past that, Luxanna." Caitlyn said in a somewhat harsh manner, giving the blonde a pointed look through her reading glasses.

Caitlyn still hasn't forgiven Lux for getting her fuzzy cuffs and using it for their booth. The cuffs are, after all, her favorite toy when it comes to hers and Vi's 'personal' time together.

"Aww, cupcake!" Vi whined from beside Caitlyn. "Why do you have to wear those glasses? You look sooo hot right now, which makes me hot."

"Hey, Vi. Maybe I can help you cool off." Jayce said, a suggestive smile on his face.

"Ha, ha, nice try, Hammerhead. Not gonna happen."

"Can you stop flirting and actually do something productive?" Jarvan asked Jayce, slightly glaring at the flirt, who is also his groupmate.

"Are we even making any progress?" Riven asked, while she traded papers with Garen.

"Our group is." Shyvana replied, not bothering on turning away from the papers she's currently reading, while she pointed her pen at the other group's direction. "But theirs? I'm not so sure."

"Where the hell is Ashe?" Tryndamere queried, looking up from his own paper. "He told me he was going to help me reword this paragraph."

"I think Ashe is still at his bathroom, still showering probably." Garen said with a shrug.

"Lux just had to throw ice cream at his hair." Caitlyn murmured.

"Hey! It wasn't my fault!" Lux defended. "If Jayce and Vi hadn't made me laugh, I wouldn't have ended up catapulting my ice cream to Ashe."

"I'm still wondering how you ended up doing so." Shyvana muttered.

"I'm with you on that one." Riven agreed with the crimson haired female.

Tryndamere sighed before getting up from the floor. "I'll go check on Ashe."

"Hurry back." Jarvan said. "I need you to complete half of paragraph fifteen, while Ashe edits the thirteenth."

"Yeah, yeah."

Tryndamere walked down the hall and headed towards Ashe's bedroom.

xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx

Ashe sighed as she rubbed both of her hands on her face, while the shower rained warm water on her bare self. She was already ice cream free and smelled of the fresh scent of peppermint, but she was still clearly and completely distracted.

The words the Grand general had told her still swirled inside of her head, practically running over and over again in a circle in her mind.

'Katarina doesn't love me,' She thought. 'Right?'

She had tried convincing herself on her way home and until her friends had arrived, but it still consumed her mind, which disabled her from thinking of anything else but that.

'Besides, how would her father know that?'

'Well, maybe because he's her father. Duh.' A voice, identical to hers, mocked her in her head.