ACT 15

ACT 15

Katarina huffed before blowing some of her hair away from her face. Currently, she's leaning on the doorway of the kitchen with her bag's strap slung on one shoulder, while she has one finger dipped and swirling around inside the round fishbowl, causing the the goldfish residing inside to float around in a circular motion helplessly.

"What the hell are you doing?" Cassiopeia asked as she climbed down the stairs with her school bag. "Are you trying to murder Goldie the Fifth now?"

Katarina wanted to laugh at Cassiopeia's choice of name for the poor goldfish that she's playing with as they spoke, but fortunately for both of them, she's not in the mood to tease and irritate her sibling.

"I'm bored."

"Feed your bird."

"Already did."

Last night, Ashe had given her the lovebird that was named after her. She tried changing the bird's name when she got home, but it wouldn't respond to any names she suggested to it. In the end, she found herself stuck with a creature that has the same name as her.

"Then go to school."

"Can't."

"And why can't you?"

"Ashe isn't here yet."

"What time did he even say he'll arrive?"

"Seven o'clock."

Her sister glanced at the nearest wall clock before speaking with a deadpan expression.

"It's only six-thirty, dimwit."

"I know."

"Did you have your breakfast yet?"

"Cereal."

"What time did you even wake up?"

"Five-thirty."

"What the fuck, Katarina? That's too early. Especially for you."

"I know."

"I haven't even eaten any breakfast! Why, of all things holy and cursed, are you already, well, ready?" Cassiopeia questioned her in disbelief. "Talon isn't even up yet!"

"I'm waiting for Ashe."

Before she could swirl her finger around for the umpteenth time, Cassiopeia abruptly grabbed one of her arms and tugged her towards the kitchen.

Katarina let her sister settle her on one of the kitchen stools before said sibling started fixing up her own bowl of cereal.

"You're going to stay here until either Ashe arrives early or I finish eating breakfast."

She placed her right elbow on the kitchen island and perched her chin on her palm. "I'm still bored."

"Well, I can't really have you actually drown my goldfish, now can I?" Cassiopeia sarcastically said, flashing a completely sardonic smile at her.

"It won't drown. It's a fish."

"With the swirling speed you were going, I'm pretty sure Goldie the Fifth will be the first fish to drown, in like, ever."

Katarina huffed. "Whatever."

"Why are you even prepared so early? You're never early."

"I just wanted to try a change of pace."

"Hmm, like I'd buy that."

"Don't believe me?"

Cassiopeia smirked at her. "Excited for your boyfriend to pick you up?"