ACT 26

ACT 26

Ashe sat on an armchair and mindlessly stared at the fire in the lit fireplace at the living room, form hunched, elbows perched on her knees and fingers loosely tangled to each other. The bright orange flames reflected against her cerulean eyes, making a unique combination in its blue hues.

She has now found herself forever bound and controlled by her stepmother.

A few days ago, after she had brought Katarina back to the Du Couteau estate, she obediently went to visit her mother at the family mansion, only to be told that she was going to be arranged to marry a girl named Ahri Seducere. She had no say in it, at all.

And believe her, she tried fighting for her own decision.

Three days ago...

"Arranged to be married!?" Ashe blurted out as she shot off of her seat on the couch across her stepmother, a small glass coffee table serving as the only object between them.

"Yes," Sierra narrowed her eyes at her. "Is there... something you are not telling me, Ashe?"

Ashe felt like her heart rate had suddenly increased to a significant speed. She could feel it pounding inside of her like a wild and caged animal wanting to just burst out of her body.

Just like that...

It was just like that.

She was suddenly thrusted towards the position where she had to decide her future in just a few seconds. A decision that can effect, not only her, but a certain someone she has acquired in her life.

Now she has two choices. Either she stays under Sierra's control and do whatever she wants to, not only save herself, but to also save her father's marriage and the family business, or, she will be, for the first time, selfish, and put herself first before anything else.

The latter is what she chose.

"Actually," She pursed her lips in a flat line for a moment, feeling the nervousness set in. But, it was dispelled when Katarina's face appeared in her mind, green eyes looking to her cerulean ones. "I do have something to say."

Sierra leaned back onto the couch and crossed her arms, wordlessly telling, no, daring her to continue with her words.

And continue she did.

"You can control me, you can make me dress and act like a man, you can limit my freedom...-!"

"But?" Sierra asked 'casually'.

"I won't let you keep me away from Katarina."

Her stepmother stared at her for a brief and silent moment before standing up, walking around the coffee table and standing just a step or two away from her.

"Watch me."

SLAP!

Ashe crashed onto the coffee table, her right elbow being the first to make physical contact with the glass top. The clear glass cracked slightly under her elbow, and the surge of pain that abruptly flowed into her right arm proved that her elbow absorbed most of the painful impact.

"I knew my suspicions were correct." Sierra said, looking down on her fallen 'son'. "That little rebel is not just a mere friend, is she?"

Ashe clenched her teeth in pain, but managed to utter a hardened reply. "No, she's not."