ACT 9

ACT 9

When they arrived at the gymnasium earlier, it was less than half-full, but now, it's almost packed with students from their school.

The pinkette and the snow haired female walked down the hall, both wearing the basketball attires Darius had given them. Unlike Vi though, Ashe wore a white shirt under the basketball top to lessen the possibility of anyone seeing the bandages and the corset constricting her chest.

"So, when the ball is tossed up, you know what to do. We good?"

"Yeah," Ashe nodded. "Are you sure we can do that?"

Vi shrugged. "It's not against the rules, so yeah!"

"If you say so."

.....

.....

"For a guy, you're pretty conservative, huh?" Vi commented after a brief moment of silence, glancing at the shirt Ashe currently wore underneath the basketball shirt.

"I'm not really, you know, used in, umm, flaunting my body."

Vi laughed and shook her head. "It's probably for the best, huh, girlie?"

Ashe whipped her head to Vi, eyes wide. "What was that?"

Vi ignored her question and abruptly grabbed her wrist, tugging her to the entrance as the pinkette jogged towards it. "Hear that? Looks like we have an audience!"

As Vi pulled her to the direction of the basketball court, Ashe couldn't help but think of the words Vi had said just a moment ago.

'Did I hear right? Did... Did she just call me 'girlie'? I... I swear she did...'

Her thoughts were interrupted when the bright lights of the court and the sound of the crowd reached her ears. Ashe and Vi exited the locker room and walked into the open space of the court. Students cheered upon seeing the pair enter their sights.

Vi waved and grinned at the cheering students, while Ashe flashed them shy smiles as they both walked up the center of the court where the two brothers and one referee is waiting for them.

"See the crowd around us?" Vi asked the two as soon as they approached them. "Guess the whole school wants to see Ashe and I kick your asses."

"We'll see about that, pinky." Darius grunted.

"They came to see me, not you!" Draven said, waving his hands to the crowd and smiling like an idiot.

"Think you can keep up with the big league, small fry?" Darius asked Ashe.

All she could reply to that was a sheepish smile and an uneasy half-shrug. "M-Maybe."

The referee waved the four of them over before speaking. "I want a good and clean game here, alright?"

The four sounded their agreements.

"Okay then! First team to shoot the ball through the opposing team's basket ten times wins the game!"

The two teams placed a small space between themselves while the referee stood in between them, holding the basketball.

"Whoo! Go, Vi! Go, Ashe!" Lux cheered from one of the front rows.

"Go, Ashe! Crush them!" Riven called out.

Caitlyn merely waved a pink handkerchief, enough for Vi to see and be motivated.

"Hey, Ashe,"

Ashe, who currently stood just a few steps behind Vi, looked towards the pink haired female.