ACT 22

ACT 22

Ashe whirled around and ran across the basketball court with the ball in her possession, Vi, Darius and Garen hot on her trail. While the other basketball players are training to increase their stamina out at the track field, the four of them were paired up in two to practice with each other.

And, yes, Vi is an official and the 'only' female player in the team. Of course no one had to know that they actually have TWO female players, who are on the same level with the two dunkers of the team, Darius and Garen.

Ashe didn't want to join the basketball team, but Sierra required her to join a male's sport in school to become more 'manly'. It's not like when Ashe plays sports she turns into a real guy.

Based from the scores, Ashe and Vi are at least five points higher than the other two players. If only the two men would just stop arguing with each other and start teaming up, then they probably would have been a difficult team to defeat.

Ashe passed the ball to Vi, who then dunked it through the orange hoop before their coach blew his whistle, signaling them that practice is over.

"Go on and hit the showers," Their coach said, nodding his had to the shower room. "Lunch is about to start in a few minutes."

"Thanks, coach!" Vi thanked with a grin.

While Ashe sat down on one of the benches at the side, Darius and Garen made their way to the shower room.

"Hey, Ashe,"

Looking up, she found Garen looking at her.

"Yeah?"

"Aren't you going to shower?"

"Oh, umm...-!"

Vi suddenly came out of God knows where and sat beside Ashe, slinging an arm around her shoulders. "Go on ahead, Garen! I still have some things to talk about with Ashe here."

"If you say so." Garen waved before heading to the shower room.

When the Crownguard was out of sight and the only ones left at the court were the two females, Ashe turned her head to face Vi.

"What do you want to talk to me about?" She asked curiously.

Vi grinned at her. "Cupcake told me everything, 'Athena'."

Ashe's eyes widened when Vi called her by the alias Tryndamere had given her. She recalled the time when she and Tryndamere had met Katarina with Jayce and Caitlyn. She already had suspicions that Caitlyn would have recognized her and had hoped that she didn't, but of course, Vi's words are confirmation enough.

She probably should have predicted that Vi would know eventually. From what she had heard, Caitlyn doesn't keep any secrets from Vi and vice versa.

"She recognized me, didn't she?" She asked, suppressing a groan.

"Yep."

"What about Jayce?"

"Oh, he's as clueless as how square his jaw is." Vi replied, laughing at her own choice of words.

In any other moment, Ashe would have maybe spared a chuckle or a small laugh at Vi's little joke, but she's too consumed with the worry of everyone finding out about her real gender. At first it was just Katarina who knew outside of the family, but now, there's more than three people that knows of it.

"Please, Vi. Don't tell anyone."

Ashe gave Vi a pleading look, which instantly caught the pinkette's attention. Vi would never admit it, but Ashe actually looked cute doing that puppy-dog face.