3

Today was the first official day of Hogwarts. Of course Severus and Lily had their first class together, as well as James and Liv.

Liv was glad she was placed in a class with those three. She'd be able to prevent James from bothering Severus and Lily.

Everyone in the Potions class seemed to be chatting up a storm, since the professor hadn't walked in yet.

"I know we're in Potions class, but someday i wanna be a Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher." Severus told Lily

Lily smiled at him. "I believe you'd be good for that job."

He scratched the back of his head nervously. "You think so?"

"I know so!" She encouraged Severus.

"Th-Thanks."

"You're welcome! I mean it."
She smiled kindly at him, and sat in her seat quietly, waiting for the professor to walk in.

Severus admired her as she skimmed through her Potions textbook. He thought that she always looked so friendly and innocent, and that was one thing he loved about her.

After around 10 minutes, the professor walked in. "Sorry I'm late, guys. I had to do something..." He apologized, and walked up to the podium.

"Turn to page 33 please" He instructed.

"Lily, would you like to read aloud?" He asked

Lily nodded, and started to read out loud. Whenever she did this, she tended to swing her feet a bit for some reason. It wasn't because of nervousness. Or was it?

"Good job, Miss Evans. Thank you." The professor acknowledged. He then walked up to the chalkboard and started writing some stuff on the board.

As he was doing it, some of the students decided to quietly chat, or read their own, personal book.

No one was interested in that textbook but Lily.

James kept sneaking glances at Lily. He was so ready to get up and start a conversation with her, but he knew that Liv would get upset, so he stayed in his seat and stared at her quietly, and tried to make it unobvious.

When the professor turned around, he started explaining some of the things he wrote on the board. He took so long, that when the class period ended, he had to shout over the students to tell them what their homework was since it was so loud when they packed up.

At lunch, Lily put on the Slytherin scarf Severus gave her, and made her way over to the Slytherin table.

She wore the scarf so she could try to blend in with the Slytherins. None of them really knew her well, so of course they bought it.

"How've your classes been? We only have 1/3 classes together so far." Severus asked

"Well, we had Potions together, which was alright, because we just sat there and listened to the professor ramble. Care of Magical Creatures was fun as always. And I've decided to take Divination this year. It's quite...interesting." Lily explained. "How about you, Sev?"

"My classes have been alright. What's your next one?"

"Defense Against The Dark Arts." Lily smirked, because she knew it was his favorite subject.

"oh, cool! We have the next class together." He smiled

She smiled back. "That's great!"

The whole rest of the lunch was a bit silent; even the Gryffindor table was silent. The Ravenclaws were always quiet, but when they talked, it was usually about a book or about the homework they had.

The Hufflepuffs were kinda social,but not as much as the Gryffindors or Slytherins. Today was awfully quiet though. Maybe because everyone was having a tiring or uneventful day so far.

When lunch was over, Severus and Lily ran to DADA together. Sev said they had to be the first students there. And they were.

The professor was already there, thank godric.

"I'm so excited for this year's DADA class!" Severus exclaimed, as they walked in the classroom and found seats in the front.

Lily laughed. "I know that. I gotta admit; I am too!"

The professor overheard their conversation, and smiled at the two. She knew that she would like them already. She was a new professor, and was quite nervous. She attended Hogwarts herself, though, so you could say she was experienced.

She walked over to Sev and Lily. "You two really like Defense Against the Dark Arts, don't you?" She asked

"Severus is very passionate about it, and wants to become a DADA professor when he's older. I enjoy this class just as much as him, but I'm not sure about the professor thing." Lily explained, and laughed.

"That's great! And it looks like I can take attendance for Severus...Last name Snape right?"

"Yes" He replied.

"Oh, and you are?" She asks, referring to Lily.

"Lily Evans."

"Ahh, yes. Okay, thanks you two." The professor smiled sweetly at them, and walked up to her desk and sat down and did some work.

>time skip to nighttime<

Severus and Lily did their homework together in the Gryffindor common room. Lily said the password for the common room, and told it to Severus so he could go in at anytime.

After they finished their homework, they both didn't wanna go to their dorms, so they talked for awhile.

"When do you think is the first Hogsmeade day?" Lily asks

"I can ask McGonagall if you'd like. And i was wondering, do you want to go with me?" He asked.

He was proud of himself for asking Lily. He finally had the courage to make some kind of move.

"We can ask the professor together. And yes, I'd like to go with you." Lily replied, and lay down on the floor.

Severus was happy with himself. And he was also happy that hopefully James wouldn't dare ask her to Hogsmeade either. But little did he know that the Marauders were discussing that in their dorms...

A/N
Marauders/Sev and Lily chapter next!
it's so surprising how fast I'm getting ideas for this fanfic so far, and it's surprising that Im proud of this fanfic. I hope you guys are enjoying it too. I think this'll be the first fanfic i'm actually keeping. i know i say this every time, but i think i actually mean it this time.

Oh, and i'll try to update as much as I can!

~Liv