8

"I think something's up with Liv. Did you see how upset she was earlier?" Lily asks Severus.

"Yeah, I think something's up too. But what?" Severus mumbles quietly.

Lily's eyes lit up a bit, looking as if she just saw a beautiful unicorn. "I think she fancies James."

"You just might be right." Severus smiles softly, looking at Lily, wishing he could tell her how he felt. He thought adding a "I might fancy you too" wouldn't hurt, but quickly dismissed the idea.

"I feel so bad! He's always flirting with me, and Liv watches miserably." Lily sighs. "We have to do something."

"I agree. Plus, he'd be off our arses." Severus laughs a little, and Lily shortly joins in.

"It's a win-win for both of us!"

"I have a plan," Severus says. "To make James notice Y/N."

"Oh? And what might this plan be, Severus?" Lily smiled.

"Well, the Yule Ball is coming up..." Severus suggests

"Ah, what a lovely idea! She could ask him to the ball!" Lily smiled. "Also, speaking of the Yule Ball, would you like to go with me Sev?"

Severus felt his heart pound out of his chest.

'She wants to go to the Ball? With me?'

"I'd love to Lily." Severus smiled widely

"Great!" Lily smiled back. "I'm glad you said yes. Now come on, let's go find Liv."

Severus nodded quickly, following her to the Gryffindor common room.

"Hey, have any of you seen Liv?" Lily asked.

"She's up in our dorm. She locked the door," Sirius sighed. "James this is all your fault!"

"What? Why is it my fault? It's always my fault!" James spat.

"Could you at least try to get her out of there, Lily? Please?" Remus requested.

"I'm honestly not that close to her but I'd like to be. Sev can try, though." Lily suggests.

"Alright, I'll try. But if all else fails, you're going in there," Severus gives in, walking up to where the dorms were. He found the Marauders' dorm and knocked on the door gently.

"Liv? Are you in there?" Severus asked.

No reply.

"Can I come in?" Severus asked.

"Sure, whatever" Liv mumbled, and Severus walked in. He sat next to her on the bed.

"Liv, what's wrong?" Severus asked her with concern.

"Everything," Liv sighed. "I think I like James but I also think I like someone else and I want to ask James to the Ball but I like someone else as well and it's just a huge mess."

"Well, Im not going to beg you to tell me who it is, but my advice to you is to ask the person you feel most comfortable around. The one you want to spend a night you'll remember forever with," Severus suggests, smiling. He secretly hoped she'd ask James, but even if she didn't he wouldn't be upset because Lily had already asked him to the Ball, so there wasn't too much to worry about.

"That's actually great advice. Thanks Sev!" Liv smiled widely, giving him a big hug. Severus felt himself grow nervous for some reason that he couldn't recall. He pushed it aside and hugged her back.

"It's no problem, really." Severus smiled slightly. "Now, shall we go to the common room?"

"We shall, Severus." Liv said in a posh voice, linking arms with him as they walked downstairs.

"Hey, guys, look, it's Liv!" Sirius exclaimed.

"Thank you Severus!" Remus smiled widely.

"Can't believe I'm saying this, but, thank you" James mumbled.

"Our work here is done," Severus said.

"It sure is. Bye guys!" Lily smiled and she and Sev walked out of the Gryffindor common room to who-knows-where.

"Liv, not to be rude or anything, you have a bit of explaining to do." Sirius says.

"I know, Sirius, I know," Liv sighed. "Look I think I like two people but I don't know which one I like."

"Well, who are they?" Sirius asked curiously, moving closer to her.

"You and James." She mumbled.

"What? You actually need time to decide that I'm the better one?" Sirius jokes, and Liv laughed hysterically.

"You're cool with it though?" Liv asked nervously.

"Of course I am. But I don't know about James," Sirius smirks a bit.

James looks at her. "I really like Lily, Liv."

"I get that, James," Liv smiled. "Maybe I'll try things out with Sirius then."

Deep down, Liv was slightly disappointed, but she also really liked Sirius so she was really happy.

"That's the spirit," Sirius smirked. "Also just so you know, I've liked you since 1st year Liv."

"Oh really? After all those girls you went out with?" Liv scoffed, smiling a bit.

"You know they meant nothing to me. Believe it or not I never had the courage to ask you out." Sirius admits, and his face immediately turned red with embarrassment.

"Wow, Im actually flattered," Liv laughed. "So, um, will you go to the Yule Ball with me?"

Sirius agreed, and then Liv gave him a hug.

James had to admit; he was feeling a bit jealous. But he couldn't pinpoint why since he's in love with Lily...

A/N
hellooooo i haven't updated this story in FOREVER! and now i have no idea how to further continue it, but im going to try to. it may take a while though.

~Liv