18

"What does Severus being a Death Eater have to do with any of this?" Liv asked, feeling herself get angry yet confused at the same time.

"Are you kidding? "It's something a filthy mudblood like you wouldn't understand."" Lucius quoted. "Sounds like Severus is hiding something pretty personal, like being a Death Eater."

"You're ridiculous Lucius!"

"But am I?" Lucius asked, looking at his sister.

"Maybe...Maybe not." Liv shrugged. "I just don't know anymore, Lucius!"

Her voice was raised by now, and tears started spilling out of her hazel eyes.

"What does this even have to do with you?" Lucius asked her.

"Lily is one of my best friends, and I'm particularly close to Severus too. I want them to be okay." Liv choked out, hugging her older brother.

"Well, Olivia, just know I'm here for you whenever you need me, even if I can be a prat sometimes." Lucius said seriously. And Liv knew he meant it because he used her real name.

"Thank you so much, Luci. I'm here for you too, I hope you know that." Liv smiled slightly and held Lucius close.

Eventually, Lucius pulled away from the hug. "Go up to the dorm and relax a bit, okay?"

Liv nodded and got off the bed. "Thanks, Luci. Love you." She smiled as she left his dorm.

"Love you too, sis. You know I do." Lucius smiled and layed down on his bed, staring at the ceiling.

Liv started walking toward her dorm, thinking about tonight's events. Sirius abandoning Liv. Severus calling Lily a mudblood. Liv finding out James' insecurity. It was a long night, and Liv just wanted it to end.

She walked into the dorm, not knowing Peter was in there because all the lights were off. She sighed and threw herself onto her bed. Peter turned the lights on, to which Liv shrieked.

"Oh, Wormtail, it's only you." Liv sighed of relief, and even let a small laugh out. "Why are you here?"

"I got bored." Peter shrugged. "No one wanted to dance with me."

"Ahh, okay. Well I'll dance with you next time." Liv smiled. "Where's James?"

"He needed some alone time, I guess. When I left, he was dancing by myself like an idiot, but he was laughing and having fun. I'm sure he's alright." Peter laughed. And as if on cue, James walked in. "Well, that wasn't a lot of alone time now was it?"

"15 minutes is well enough for me." James assured Peter, smiling. "Liv, you're here quite early too."

"A lot went down tonight. I just couldn't take it anymore." Liv explained. "Did you hear that Severus called Lily a mudblood?"

"He did?" James asked angrily. "That's wrong, and I'm not saying that because I like Lily! I would kill someone if they called any of us something like that."

Liv nodded. "It's horrible, I know. He didn't mean it though."

"That makes no sense." James stated.

"You know how you say something but you didn't mean it? It kind of just slipped out of your mouth?" Liv asked. James nodded. "That's what it was. I talked to him. But Lily doesn't want anyone's support right now. I think she wants to be alone and relax for a while."

James nodded again. "Yeah, that's probably best. I'll check in with her tomorrow, though."

"James, she barely talks to you and you know it." Liv stated the obvious.

"But she needs all the support she can get right now." James protested.

"She has me and Ray!" Liv smiled.

"It's not enough." James said and climbed into bed. "Goodnight, Liv."

'Of course, he's not over Lily yet.' Liv thought to herself. 'Well, it's not like I thought he was over her anyway...'

Little did she know of James' confusion about her and Lily. This would be the test to see if James had a chance with Lily, but James knew it wouldn't work out and didn't know why he was even bothering.