23

"Well, I'm willing to listen! Remus is up in the dorm and Sirius and James are who knows where. I've got all the time in the world!" Peter exclaims. "Sit by me."

Liv nodded and sat by Peter. "Well, I was sitting by the Black Lake and I had just finished talking to Severus, who had stormed off. Then Xexnophilius sits by me, doesn't even tell me his name. He just starts going on and on about how he thinks Severus is posing as a Death Eater."

Peter chuckled. "Wow, that's interesting. That's a fun way to meet someone."

"Yeah!" Liv smiled. "Thanks for not calling him crazy or anything."

"I don't think he's crazy," Peter tells her. "Anyone you make friends with has to be awesome."

"You basically just called yourself awesome." She teased. "But, thank you."

"Of course." Peter sent a warm smile her way.

"So, one more thing," Liv told him. "Lily ditched me for James. James! She doesn't even talk to him! And then James was being mean to me as well. I don't know what's going on. Peter...I want to kick him out of the Marauders until he has his shit figured out..."

He gasped. "Liv! We have never been to that point with someone before! He needs us right now."

"No, he doesn't. He has Lily." Liv grumbled. "Tomorrow we'll have an emergency Marauder meeting, but without James of course. If two people vote him out, he's out."

"You can't be serious!" Peter protested.

She was. It pained her to say all of that, it really did, but she knew that for now this is how she felt. And it wouldn't be a permanent kick out, anyway. But she still felt bad for even thinking it. James was her first friend at Hogwarts—and now she was trying to abandon him. Maybe Peter was right. Maybe James just really did need them. Still, she wanted to get Remus and Sirius' input.

"Okay, how about we just see how Remus and Sirius feel and if they have any solutions. And if it comes up, I'll bring up the kicking out thing." Liv compromised.

Peter sighed. "Alright. I still think you're making a mistake. Don't get me wrong, I'm just trying to look out for us."

Liv smiled a bit. "I appreciate it, Peter. Now I'm going to go tell Remus about our plans."

Once she got up to the dorm, Remus wasn't in the room. To her surprise. Xenophilius was sitting on her bed, scribbling down words quickly in a journal. He looked up at her and shut it. Liv raised an eyebrow and sat down with him. "Why are you here?" she asked curiously, a bit nervous that he just happened to show up in her dorm room. On her bed, too.

He didn't even greet her. "I've been trying to look for Dark Marks on Severus, but he always seems to be wearing long sleeves. All the time. Also, I've noticed that James and Lily have been talking, which is strange. Severus must be hurting a lot right now. I just need to figure out some possible reasons why Severus would be posing..."

Liv didn't mind that he didn't greet her. "Maybe it's something to do with his family? Maybe his family wants him to be one, but he doesn't so he's posing to please them?" She suggested, looking at Xenophilius.

"That could be a possibility. Do you know anything notable about his parents?" Xenophilius agreed.

"No, I don't." Liv frowned. "I guess we'll have to do some research."

"I guess so. Now, let's throw in some more possibilities. Maybe someone threatened him?" He suggested.

"That sounds logical, knowing some students here at Hogwarts. He's different from the rest of the Slytherins, you know? I swear I thought he'd be placed in Ravenclaw. Maybe someone or some people are teasing him and so he wants to fight back?" Liv added, shrugging a bit. She layed down on her bed while Xenophilius still sat up.

"I wouldn't doubt that," he said. "He wouldn't be doing it for fun, right?"

"No way!" Liv exclaimed. "That's wrong. He would never do that. That's out of the question. I know him, Xenophilius."

Xenophilius nodded. "Fair enough. Hmm, let me think..."

Xenophilius sat in silence for a few minutes as Liv stared at the ceiling. After awhile, he plopped down next to her. Liv turned to him.

"Do you think there's a chance he could be trying to impress someone? Or prove something to someone?" Liv asked quietly, looking at the blonde boy in front of her. He was so strange and quite loony, but Liv didn't mind. That or she saw right through it.

"That's definitely a possibility," Xenophilius responded. "There are so many possibilities. I'm not sure which ones we should further investigate in."

"All of them, eventually. But let's just start off slow. First, we should do some research on his parents. Who are they? Where did they come from? What do the believe in?" Liv suggested. "If he'll talk to me, I'll ask Severus a few things, but I'll try to not be too suspicious or anything."

Xenophilius nodded. "Hey, thanks for doing this with me, Liv. Really. Everyone else thinks I'm insane."

Liv chuckled. "No problem, Xenophilius. That makes two of us."

Before anything else was said, James walked into the dorm. Liv and Xenophilius didn't budge.

"Hey Li—oh, I didn't realize you had company." James smirked a bit. Finally, Liv sat up.

"We were just discussing a few things, that's all." Liv told him.

"That's not what it looked like to me!" James sang quietly. Liv rolled her eyes, turning to Xenophilius, who now sat up, too.

"See you later?" Liv asked as Xenophilius stood up.

"Yep. Make sure to talk to him if you can!" Xenophilius smiled and shut the door behind him as he walked out.

"Talk to who?" James asked curiously.

"It's none of your concern, James. And why do you think that after this morning you can just treat me like you normally do and act like nothing happened?" Liv asked curiously, not a hint of snappiness or sass in her voice. She wasn't in the mood to start a fight.

"What're you talking about?" James asked, as if Liv was making up something stupid.

"Are you kid—you know what? Whatever. See ya." Liv shouted as she walked out of the dorm. She didn't know where she was going, quite frankly. Maybe she should find Remus and Sirius. Maybe she should go vent to her brother Lucius. Maybe she should go talk to Xenophilius.

'What is with that girl lately?' James thought to himself, slamming onto his bed. 'She's been so mysterious lately.'

Little did James know that that's exactly how Liv felt about him, too.