31

A/N

I'm finally back!! I swear, writer's block ALWAYS gets me with this story! Hopefully I'm back and here to stay for a while :)

Liv sat at a table in The Three Broomsticks alone, slumped in her chair. She didn't even order anything. She just sat there, alone with her thoughts. There were joking friends, happy couples, etc. It made Liv sad to be alone. She seemed to be the only one alone in there. She contemplated her friendship with James, Severus, and Lily, whether or not she wanted to follow through with hers and Xeno's investigation on Severus, and whether or not she really did want to leave Hogwarts. No matter how much drama she could get into with her friends, she'd always love them to bits and wasn't sure what she would do without them. She would also miss Hogwarts very much; no other wizarding school would be as home-y as Hogwarts to Liv. 

Before she could think about anything else, Xenophilius walked in the door. She was relieved that she wouldn't be alone anymore, but also kind of found comfort in it after awhile. Xenophilius saw her, smiled, and sat down across from her. "Why are you here all alone? And with nothing to drink, either?"

"Just...Thinking about things." Liv shrugged, looking down at her lap. 

"Well, I think you'll have to do some more of that..." Xenophilius tells her nervously, twiddling his thumbs a bit.

Liv raised an eyebrow. "Why do you say that, Xenophilius?"

"Lily came up to the Ravenclaw common room a while ago," he started. "she wants in on our investigation on Severus. She told me that she was ready to forgive him anyway, since they're best friends and all that. And since they're close, she could probably get a few things out of him."

"Oh, yeah, that's fine!" Liv smiled. "She asked me a while back, but she never followed through because she wasn't ready to forgive Sev. But if she's ready to now, I don't see why not."

"Wow," Xeno laughed breathlessly. "I didn't think you'd let her in that easy. You guys haven't been speaking that much."

"Yeah, but maybe this will bring us back together," Liv shrugged. "Plus, we need all the help we can get, you know?"

"That's true," Xeno smiled at Liv. "I admire you for putting your differences with her aside so that she can help us out."

"Yeah!" Liv smiled. "It's not a problem! I've missed Lil, anyway."

Xeno nodded. "Well, that's it. Can I buy you a drink?"

Liv laughed. "Xeno, you don't ha-"

"It's my pleasure," he smiled and stood up, walking over to the counter to buy one. Liv smiled and waited for him. Just then, Lily walked in. Liv smiled and waved to her, signaling for her to come over. Lily looked nervous.

Lily smiled and took a seat next to where Xenophilius was sitting. "I owe you an apology, Liv. I'm sorry that I didn't accept your support when you offered it to me. I knew, and still know that you're a true friend, but I was just so confused on what to do. James was there, willing to support me, no strings attached, so I gave him a chance. I didn't know that he was going to be so mean to you, though, and I didn't know he was acting strangely too. I'm so sorry."

Liv smiled, reaching for Lily's hand across the table. She put her hand on top of Lily's, giving her a reassuring smile. "Lily, it's okay. I forgive you. Let's just put it behind us."

"Sounds good to me," Lily smiled, and just then, Xeno came back with three cups of butterbeer. 

"Thankfully I saw Lily come in while I was ordering so I was able to order an extra," he smiled warmly as he placed the butterbeers on the table.

"Thanks, Xeno." Liv smiled and took a sip of hers.

"Yes, thank you, Xenophilius." Lily smiled.

"It's no problem," he grinned. "So, Lily, you made up with Severus?"

"I did," she smiled. "We're meeting for butterbeer tomorrow to talk."

"Great!" Xeno smiled. "Tell us if anything happens, but don't pressure him to talk to you or it'll seem obvious what you're doing." he advises.

"Got it!" Lily smiled. "Well, I must be off now, but I'll see you two tomorrow evening! Thanks again for the butterbeer." 

She hadn't even taken a sip.