24

As Liv was on her way to the boys Slytherin dormitory to talk to her brother, Liv bumped into a girl with red hair and freckles all over her face. Lily.

Liv took in a deep breath. "Hello, Lily."

"Liv, please, we need to talk." She was shaking. "Come to the Gryffindor common with me?"

"If you really want to talk to me in private, I suggest the Ravenclaw common room. Let's go," Liv suggested under her breath, walking with Lily. She walked a bit faster than her, honestly not wanting to know what she needed after she treated her so weirdly earlier that morning. They finally got there, and the two girls sat on the couch. "What is it, Evans?"

Lily sighed deeply, playing with her sleeves. "I did something horribly stupid..."

"I'm listening."

"I...Some other girls were in on a prank for Severus, and I joined in because I thought it would be harmless, y'know? And I thought it would make some of my anger go away. But the prank these girls had in mind was extreme. Extreme, I tell you...We led him into Myrtle's bathroom, okay? And at first I though; oh, maybe we're just going to lock him in here with Myrtle for awhile? Not too bad, right? It was worse. Some girls tried to drown him in the toilets while another one poured hippogriff blood all over him as he was being pushed in the toilet. Another girl tried to choke him, too. It was more extreme than any prank a Marauder has played on him...I kept screaming for them to stop, but they wouldn't listen. Oh god, Liv, he'll never forgive me!" She weeped, clinging onto Liv as she sobbed. Liv started to feel bad for her and she felt bad that she was ever angry with Lily. Lily didn't deserve anyone being angry with her, especially not right now.

"Lily...If anything, I think Severus would know that you weren't in on it but only a witness. You should talk to him. You need each other right now, okay?" Liv assured her.

"I don't want to..." Lily sighed. "I don't know if I can ever forgive him for calling me that word, but most of the anger is gone. But I can't talk to him. What if he hates me?"

"He could never hate you, Lily!" Liv laughed. "Trust me. Just attempt to talk to him. I'm sure he would love to talk to you right now, honestly...And also, could you do me a favor?"

"Of course. Anything. I owe you for being so rude to you this morning and then coming to cry on your shoulder," Lily laughed lightly, wiping some of her tears away.

"You can't tell anyone about this. I'm dead serious," Liv said sternly, looking Lily straight in the eye. Perhaps even further than the eye. "Xenophilius Lovegood and I are concerned about Severus. There are rumors going around that he's a Death Eater, Lily, but me and Xeno will prove everyone wrong. Or at least try to. If you do talk to Severus again like you used to, can you be on the lookout? Don't be too suspicious about it, but just observe at first and at the end of each week, tell me anything you noticed. You can build your way up to asking questions and researching and such after a few weeks of quiet observation. Please, Lily, this is so important to me and Xenophilius. Say you'll do it." She pleaded.

Lily had to think about it for a moment, even though she knew what she was going to say. "Yes," she finally said after some time. "I'll do it. I'll help you. But I need to take a few more days away from Severus."

"Thank you." Liv managed a smile. "Take your time. And oh, hang out with me, Logan, and Ray instead of James, if you'd like."

"Thank you, but I'm okay for now. James isn't that bad..." Lily shrugged.

Liv wanted to facepalm, but she just did it mentally. "Well, alright. Have fun with that, I guess."

Liv then walked out of the common room, but she noticed Lily didn't follow. "Lily, out!" she yelled.

Lily scurried out of the Ravenclaw common room, waving a quick goodbye to Liv as she made her way to the Gryffindor girl's dormitory. Liv sighed and continued to walk to find Lucius, but Remus and Sirius ran into her before she could take another step. What is it with people bumping into her today?

"Liv!" Remus yelled. His hand was on his chest and he was gasping for air. Clearly, he and Sirius sprinted over to where Liv was.

"We need to talk, now." Sirius demanded in between breaths, grabbing Liv's arm and walking away with her, Remus following close behind. Once again, they ended up in the Ravenclaw common room.