29

"I know you aren't. You're like a ghost; I can see right through you," Severus says. "Now that I think about it, you've always been like this."

Liv raised an eyebrow. "Really? How so?"

Severus laughed lightly. "Well, once in 2nd year you were fighting with Sirius about something and I could tell you were very upset, but you told me nothing was wrong."

"Okay, well that's one example." Liv shrugged.

"Well, in 3rd year you were mourning the death of one of your friends. You told me you were feeling better, but the next minute you broke down crying." He added.

Liv sighed. "Okay, maybe I am kinda see through. But Severus, I'm just so confused right now. You know, you were not the only one that kissed me that day."

Severus raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"Yeah...James did. But you both like Lily so I don't get it," she sighed. "Why does everyone take advantage of me?"

"I would never take advantage of you!" Severus protested. "Like you, I'm confused...It's always been you and Lily."

Liv smiled slightly. "Really?"

He nodded rapidly. "Yeah..."

"Well, Severus, I'm kind of going through a lot right now...I think I should focus on me and my successes for awhile."

"I totally get that. I've just been falling apart since Lily refuses to even look me in the eye." He sighed.

"I get that, too. If you need to talk, you know the passwords to both the Ravenclaw and Gryffindor common room, even though I recommend the Ravenclaw common." Liv smiled at Severus. She looked at him for a little too long, and she was sure she saw sadness in his eyes. She thought she saw his eyes water a bit, but maybe she was just tired.

"Alright. Thanks, Liv. " Severus managed to smile as he waved to Liv as she walked out of his dormitory. Liv took in a deep breath and exhaled once she left the Slytherin dormitories. She decided that she would relax in the Ravenclaw common room since she didn't really feel like seeing her Marauder friends. She was hoping for some alone time but she didn't mind if Xenophilius was there. After all, all he was is her partner in crime, right? Nothing more?

To her dismay, Remus and Sirius were sitting on the couch in the Ravenclaw common room. How did they get the password? Even though Liv was welcome in the Gryffindor common room, she kept the Ravenclaw common to herself. 

"What are you guys doing here and how did you get here?" Liv asked, letting a small sigh trail out of her lips. She was dealing with so much drama in under 10 minutes! She wanted to transfer to Ilvermorny right away.

"We're just worried about you," Remus admitted calmly. "You've been doing an awful lot of storming out of the common room."

Sirius just nodded, flashing a small smile at Liv. Liv finally sat between both of her friends.

"I need a break from the Marauders," Liv finally said. "It's best if you don't ask questions right now, okay? I could be roommates with my brother. Or I can go back to my original dorm for awhile. God, I don't know, anything to get away right now."

"If that's what you want, Liv, then go for it." Remus nodded.

"Yeah! If it'll help, do it." Sirius smiled and pat Liv on the back.

"Th-Thanks guys." she smiled, trying so hard not to let the tears fall. "I knew-or at least hoped, you'd understand." 

The two nodded and exited the common room. She was still curious about how they got in, but she shrugged it off and pulled out a book. She didn't feel like carrying on with the Severus investigation, either. She just wanted some quality time with herself, Ray, Logan, and Lucius, people she knew she could go to right now. 

As if on cue, Logan and Ray entered the common room. 

"Liv, hey." Ray said sweetly and sat down by her. 

"Hey," Liv said quietly.

Logan plopped down next to them. "Let's help you write a letter to your mother."

Liv nodded rapidly as Ray took out some paper, an envelope, a quill, and the Ravenclaw quill.

"Just let it all out, Liv." Ray instructed. "Not only will your mum help you, but letting everything out to her will most likely be therapeutic."

Liv nodded again and started to write;

"Dear Mom,

I thought Hogwarts was supposed to be the best 7 years of your life. You were supposed to learn all kinds of magic while also building friendships and discovering things about yourself. You were supposed to learn school and house spirit, too. But Hogwarts has not been so great for me, especially this year.

I am going through a lot this year. Mainly drama with the Marauders, Severus, and Lily. It seems like it's never-ending. My anxiety and depression are starting to come back along with all of this, too. It's so hard to handle. I think I would be better of at Ilvermorny, or even back in public school. I miss Boston, anyway...

Please consider this, mom. Father, too. I know you two care about me, and you want me to be happy right? Well, I'd be happier back in America...I can try to get through this year and we could move during the summer, if that would be best. But I'd also be fine with getting pulled out of Hogwarts now.

Please consider this. I love you.

~Liv"

"You want to leave Hogwarts? And the United Kingdom completely?!" Logan asked.

Liv shrugged. "I think it would be best for me."