28

"Liv, you're so slow!" Ray chuckled and ran past her.

"I'm not even going to try. Today was a long day." Liv laughed and started to walk, trying her best to catch her breath. Logan slowed down as well and walked with her, even though Ray was still sprinting. "Thanks for walking with me, Logan."

"The pleasure is mine." She smiled. "But we should catch up a bit. I can only see a blur of Ray and I think she's walking."

Liv nodded and the two began to run after her. After a matter of seconds, the two girls were caught up to Ray, one walking on each side of her.

"Finally, you slowpokes." Ray teased and opened the door to the Three Broomsticks with her wand.

"Wow, lazy much?" Liv teased back.

"Isn't that what we're here for?" Ray chuckled. "Accio, Wingardium Leviosa, all those spells are for lazy people."

"Good point," she laughed and they walked in further. A girl with brunette hair waved them over to a table for four. Ray sat down first, followed by Logan, and of course Liv had last pick.

"And who's this?" Liv asked curiously.

"Kylee," she grinned and shook Liv's hand. "You're Liv, right?"

"Yeah!" Liv chuckled. "How did you know?"

"I've been expecting you," Kylee smirked. "Just kidding. Logan and I met in the library a few nights ago. Apparently she sucks at Charms and I was practicing mine so she wanted me to help her. And I was introduced to Ray yesterday. And now to you!"

Liv laughed at her sense of humor. "Oh, okay, well, it's nice to meet you, Kylee. What house are you in?"

"Hufflepuff," she replied. "And I'm going to guess you're in Ravenclaw?"

"Correct!" Liv smiled. "Logan is in Gryffindor, and Ray is in Ravenclaw also."

"Okay!" Kylee smiled. "Well, butterbeer is on me today."

"Uh, no! We're paying for our new friend." Ray protested.

"Yeah! It's our pleasure, anyway." Logan added. Liv simply nodded.

"Fine. But I've got next time." Kylee gave in, putting her wallet away.

"So, Liv, tell us about your eventful day!" Logan smiled.

"I'd rather not." Liv shrugged. "Only Peter knows. And Xenophilius. And it's quite a big deal to me."

"You can tell boys but not your girls?" Ray laughed. "Weird."

"Yeah, come on. We won't tell!" Logan promised. Kylee just nodded happily.

"Girls, please." Liv sighed. "I don't want to speak of it."

"Alright, let's not pressure her." Logan said seriously. The other two nodded.

A few hours passed, and Ray, Liv, and Logan were really able to get to know Kylee. And she was able to get to know them too. She learned how crazy and weird they were, how much they all loved hugs, their passions, and much more. They really all felt like they were all friends for a very long time and were just catching up. 

"That was so fun! We have to do that again." Kylee grinned. 

"I agree. I had a great time!" Liv smiled back. "I'm a bit tired, though."

"Of course. We all are too, I assume." Logan assured her.

"Yeah! Especially after the long day you had." Ray pat Liv on the back. 

Liv sighed and reached for her butterbeer. "I hate men."

"PREACH!" Logan yelled, followed by Ray and Kylee screaming it as well. They rose their glasses, clinked them, and took their last sips. Liv was ready to read a few chapters of a book and crash, but Severus Snape had other plans. 

He blocked the doorway of the Three Broomsticks, nervously holding his arm with his other hand. "Liv."

"Sev," she smiled slightly and waved to the three girls who had left. She could hear them giggling and teasing her from a distance, but she pretended she hadn't. "What's up?"

"Can we talk about what happened today?" Severus asked her, holding his arm a bit tighter. 

"Of course. Where?" She agreed. 

"My dorm, maybe? I have it to myself. My roommates moved out at the start of the year," he chuckled.

Liv nodded rapidly. "Sure. Lead the way."

As they walked, she just wanted to break down crying. She wanted to let out the loudest sigh. She wanted to vent for hours and wanted to hug someone while she did so. She just wanted to go home, if she was being completely honest. Hogwarts was supposed to be the best seven years of her life, where she could discover herself as a person and witch. But now, she was going through unbearable drama that she had never been through before. Was this life's way of testing her? Did she do something that made her deserve this? How did all of this even start?

"You okay?" Severus asked quietly as they walked into the night. 

"Just fine!" Liv assured him, her voice cracking a bit.