19

When Liv woke up, she realized she and Remus were the only ones in the room. Her eyes scanned the dorm room for a moment just to make sure. Afterward, she sat up and rubbed her eyes. Tear-stained. Did she cry herself to sleep?

"About time." Remus chuckled. "Did you sleep okay?"

Liv shrugged. "What day is it?"

"Sunday," Remus replied.

"Where is everyone?"

"James went to see Lily. Sirius is going to hang out with some guy named Logan. Peter is in the common room." Remus responded. Liv felt herself getting angry.

"I told James to leave Lily alone!" Liv rose her voice. "And Logan isn't a guy. It's the girl Sirius left me for last night. Son of a bitch."

Remus sighed and sat with Liv. "At least Peter did nothing wrong."

Liv chuckled. "That's true. But ugh...why do I even bother with James?"

"How about Sirus? You seemed angry with him too." 

"He could have at least told me he was going to leave me. But no, he lied to make me feel bad. And I hate people who lie. It's better to tell the truth." Liv explained. 

"That's not all, I can tell." 

"Oh Remus, I really like James." Liv muttered, throwing herself back on the bed. "I can't help it. But he's so blind and he can only see Lily. Enough about me, how was your night?" 

"Well, it was lovely. Ray and I shared a kiss," Remus admits, a big, dreamy look on his face, following up with a smile.

Liv's eyes widened as did her smile. "Remus, that's amazing!" 

Remus giggled. "Ah, I know! I really like her."

"Go get 'em tiger!" Liv encouraged and rolled her 'r' teasingly, making Remus grin even more. 

"Let's go find James, alright?" Remus suggested. "I'll go with you."

Liv sighed. "Okay, fine."

Before they left, Liv quickly put on some sweatpants and a band shirt. Liv put her hair in a messy bun as they were walking to the Great Hall.

"Breakfast is still being served, yes?" Liv asked as they arrived. 

"Yeah, it's only 9:00." Remus smiled and they walked further into the Great Hall. Liv was immediately able to spot James and Lily, who were talking and laughing at the Gryffindor table.

"She'll seek support from him and not me? Outrageous!" Liv snarled.

"Just politely confront her about it." Remus offered. Liv slightly cooled down and nodded.

"Alright." She smiled confidently and walked up to Lily and James, who were chattering about.

"Hi you two!" Liv greeted.

"Liv, we were talking." James said, a bit of snark in his voice. This shocked Liv.

"Lily, may I talk to you for a second?" Liv asked. Lily nodded and stood up. They stood away from the Gryffindor table.

"I knocked on your door last night. I know what happened. You let James talk to you but not me?" Liv asked, feeling anger rise again. But she wasn't mad at Lily.

"I thought you were Severus, that's why. I'm sorry," Lily stated. It was the truth, but not the full truth and both of them knew this. 

"Lily, this is ridiculous. You and I are good friends! You can't shut me out and talk to James, someone who has annoyed you for years! What are you even doing?" Liv demanded. Lily sighed  a bit.

"I'm trying to hurt Severus back." Lily replied truthfully. The full truth was present in this response.

"Lily, no." Liv shook her head. "You have to be the bigger person."

"I know, but I want him to know he hurt me." Lily protested.

"But then if James finds out, you'll hurt him, too. And James did nothing to you besides annoy you since first year, but that isn't bad compared to Severus calling you that...word." Liv argued.

Lily sighed. "I guess you're right. But maybe this'll be an opportunity for me and James to be friends, too."

"Oh, Lily, he's going to eventually think it's more than that and ask you out." 

Before Liv could say anything else, James walked up to them. "Did she say anything mean to you?"

"No, James, it's okay." Lily assured him, smiling. "I'll see you later, Liv."

"Meet Ray and I at The Three Broomsticks at 5:00?" 

"Yeah, uh, sure!" Lily said as she was being dragged away by James. She didn't seem certain, but Liv decided to dismiss this. 

'James is acting weird...' Liv thought as she walked over to the Ravenclaw table. Something she had never done before even though it was her true house.