25

"Moony, Padfoot...Whats going on?" Liv asked nervously as she was pushed back into the Ravenclaw common room. Sirius and Remus looked at each other, as if mentally asking each other who would talk. Finally, Sirius opened his mouth.

"Liv..." Sirius started. "It's Severus."

Liv immediately shot up. "What?! What happened?"

Sirius gulped. "He got in a duel. He got hurt pretty bad..."

Liv bit her lip. "With who?"

"James." Remus said quietly.

"Pardon?"

"James..." Remus repeated, a bit louder this time.

"Are you serious?! Over what?!" Liv yelled angrily, rolling her eyes.

"I don't know. We were walking by them and didn't know they were dueling until I heard Severus scream." Sirius responded, looking down at his lap with a small frown.

Liv sighed. "Where is he? Is he with Madam Pomfrey?"

"Believe so." Remus nodded.

"And what'll happen to James?" Liv asked curiously.

"Nobody knows. But I know word is going to spread quick." Sirius sighed and scratched the back of his head.

"My god, this is horrible..." She frowned. "Who started it?"

"I'm guessing Severus." Sirius says quickly.

"Uh, no, I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one. I know it was James. Severus keeps to himself. It's like James to just strike out at him." Remus argued.

"Really?" Sirius groaned. "C'mon. We've gotta have James' back."

"Boys! Just stop!" Liv yelled. "I'm going to see Severus now. Anyone going with me?"

Remus and Sirius both stayed silent, looking at each other, then at Liv. Liv rolled her eyes and walked out of the common room, speed walking to the hospital wing.

"Yes?" She asked Liv.

"I'm here to see Severus."

"I—ugh, fine." Madam Pomfrey sighed and stepped out of the hospital wing. Liv spotted Severus and raced over to him. His eyes were barely open, and his forehead was still bloody.

"Liv?" Severus asked weakly.

"Mmhmm." Liv smiled slightly. "How're you doing?"

"Fine, I guess." he sighed. "I don't really want to talk about what happened."

"I won't make you." she assured him, finally sitting by him. "Are you sure you're doing alright? Is there anything I can do for you?"

Severus managed to shake his head, a small smile appearing on his face. "Thank you, though."

"Of course." Liv smiled and placed a friendly kiss on his temple.

Lily decided she would talk to Severus. She thought this was the perfect time to, but she changed her mind when she saw Liv with Severus. Anger rose in her when she saw her place that kiss on his forehead. Her hands curled into fists by her sides and she stormed out of hospital wing. She thought that she and Severus would never get to talk.

"Who was that?" Severus asked curiously. Liv turned around but she didn't see anyone.

"I don't see anyone." she shrugged.

"Oh," Severus responded. "Well, I'm going to sleep now, but thank you for coming to see me."

"Of course!" Liv grinned. "I wanted to know if you were okay."

"I appreciate that," Severus smiled back. "Not even Lily came to see me...But of course, I don't blame her."

Little did he know that she did.