26

A few days had passed. Severus was out of the hospital wing after getting a few stitches on his forehead. He was dismissed from class and all assignments for 2 extra days because he still felt lightheaded and needed more rest, but he wasn't as bad as before. He just needed to make sure that he'd be okay. James almost got expelled, but instead Dumbledore decided to give him a one week suspension. He was to stay up in his dorm at all times, and Remus was in charge of bringing him food and assignments. James had to complete extra assignments as well.

Liv had been visiting Severus at least twice a day, bringing him small snacks and things to do. They also had long conversations about the weirdest of things, but Liv found that she was enjoying it.

It's Severus' last day of rest, and Liv went to see him 3 times this day. She stayed longer than usual each time, as well. And now Severus was well enough to sit up in his bed.

"Hey Liv!" Severus greeted happily.

Liv smiled. "You seem to be doing better. I'm glad to see that."

"Yes, I am. I've enjoyed resting, though." Severus chuckled.

Liv laughed as well, sitting beside him. There were a few moments of silence between them, until Severus gently cupped Liv's face with his cheeks.

Liv could feel her face turn pink, but her lips curled into a smile. "What are you doing?" she whispered.

"This," Severus replied quietly and quickly connected his lips with Liv's. He had no idea what in the hell he was doing. He was confused and many thoughts of Lily and Liv ran through his mind as he kissed Liv. He was confused about his feelings.

They pulled away around the same time, their foreheads still touching. Liv froze, not knowing what to do. She liked it, but she was still confused about how she felt about James, and she may even have a little infatuation with Xenophilius. But she mainly was concerned about Lily, James, and Severus himself.

"I'm sorry," Severus mumbled after awhile. He was blushing immensely.

"Don't be," Liv assured him, a weak smile on her face. "Really. Don't worry about it."

"Thanks." he grumbled, pulling fully away from her. "Well, I assume I'll see you tomorrow?"

"O-Oh, yeah!" Liv stuttered a bit, trying to cover it with a smile. "See you to-tomorrow."

She scurried out of his dorm and ran into the Ravenclaw common room to think. But not just about the kiss. She wondered how she could connect this situation to her investigation with Xenophilius. She wondered if she should take care of James and scrap the idea of suspending him from the Marauders. She wondered if she and Xenophilius were friends or only partners in crime. She sighed and slinked out of the common room and up to her dorm.

Liv saw James laying in bed, reading a book. He was reading Carrie by Stephen King. One of Liv's favorites. She smiled slightly and sat beside him.

"You doing good, James? I heard everything that happened. And you're reading." Liv teased, a small smile on her face.

He didn't look at her. "I'm okay, I guess."

"Aww, Jamesey, look at me for a split second." Liv chuckled and gently placed her fingers on his chin to turn his head toward her. "There, that's better."

James made direct eye contact with her. "God, why does Severus keep getting in my way?"

"When will you shut up about him?" Liv chuckled lightly. "Come on. Let's hear your side of the story. I didn't ask Severus yet since he's recovering."

"Remus told me you've been going to see him. How is he?" James asked.

"He's doing better." Liv smiled. "Now, let's hear what happened."