Last Encounter

I sat on my chair and wondered on what approach that woman will do today. But whatever it is, I am looking forward to meeting her again. To give what she wants, literally. I looked at my watch and it shows 4:54pm. I closed my laptop and fixed my table as I dismissed myself from work.
"Will she be there at the basement before I reach there?"
I sighed then picked my bag and headed to the door. This is it. I need to get this done before it gets worst.
But I was disappointed to find no one by the basement. Where might she be. I just opened my car door then drive out of the basement.
"She might have grown tired and gave up already. Good for her so I wont need to force her to be silent."
But I thought wrong because once I got out of the  basement, the woman came running from the bushes blocking the driveway. I was shocked as I brought my car to sudden halt.
"What the----"
I opened the door and got out of the car with anger in my eyes.
"What do you think are you doing?"
"Stopping you. Please Four, help us..." She said in a pleading voice as she put her right arm on her protruding belly. I followed her hand and noticed that her stomach is bigger than the other girls.
"Then she really is pregnant.." My heart demanded me.
"Oh yeah.. But you may not be the father.." My mind fought back.
"Get in.." I said inviting her.
She looked at me with wondering eyes. Her big brown eyes speaks total wonder and amazement.
"Do you really want a help from me or you just want to stand there ?" I pushed my eyebrows up as I looked at her.
She didn't answer my question. She just walked and passed me to the car.
"Hmmm" I told myself , amazed by her.
"Ibig bang sabihin nito eh pumapayag ka nang tulungan kami?" She asked me while I was driving. I kept on thinking where should I bring her.
"San tau pupunta?" Muli niyang tanong. Nang di ako  sumagot, nanahimik na siya. Siguro naisip niyang di ko sasagutin ang mga tanong niya. Dinala ko siya sa isang restauran.
"Anong ginagawa natin dito? Di naman ako nagugutom ah," reklamo na naman ng babaeng ito.
Lumabas lang ako at pumasok sa loob nang di siya hinintay o inaya man lang. Pero sadyang magaling ang babae at sumunod naman.
"What is your name by the way?" I asked her while we are waiting for the foods I ordered for the both of us.
"Roni."
Tumango lang ako tsaka tumingin sa kanya habang nag-iisip. Tumingin din siya sa akin na balot ng kyuryusidad ang mukha.
"So you are saying that you are pregnant with my child?" She nodded silently. "Im saying this frankly to you. I don't believe your crap. If you say you are pregnant, I believe that but me being the father, I don't believe that."
Her look focused on me for the next minutes.
"Ang ibig kong sabihin. Ilan na bang lalaki ang naka sex mo? Baka naman isa sa kanila ang totoong nakabuntis sa iyo. Ako lang talaga ang pinili mong panagutin dahil ako ang may pera. Dahil alam mo na marami kang pwedeng mapapakinabangan sa akin."
Akala ko iiyak siya o di naman kaya ay magwawala at sasampalin ako kagaya ng maraming babaeng mukhang perang gumawa na ng ganitong drama. Pero hindi. Nanatili siyang kalamado sa kanyang kinauupuan.
"Did you hear me Roni?" I asked her with full sarcasm in my voice.
"Crystal clear."
"Mabuti naman dahil kung may utak ka alam mo ang ibig kong sabihin. Wag kang mag-alala, pagkatapos ng dinner na ito bibigyan kita ng sapat na halaga para sa bata at para sa sarili mo na rin. Manahimik ka lang."
I saw her open her lips to say something but the waiter came with our orders before she can say anything.
"Shall we enjoy the foods first Roni?" I asked her with a devilish grin. I admired her confidence as she sat there calmly.
"Kumain ka na. Wag mong sabihing gugutumin mo ang baby mo."
"Hindi ako kakain na kasalo ang isang napakasamang taong kagaya mo," I looked at her as she finally spoke.
"I came begging for you because I thought you might help me when you will know that it is for your child. I tried my best but you rejected me, and your unborn child. But after today, I swear never to show up again. I never imagined that you were this evil."
Her voice were too firm and authoritative. I can smell power in it. She stood from her chair as I stared at her. She gave me one final glance filled with rage and hatred before she faced her back and walked away.
I thought I would be happy now  that shes gone. Actually, by herself. I do not need to worry about her anymore. But U was confused with my feelings. Something is not right. I have the feeling that she may have been telling the truth right from the start. I just shrugged the thought away and focused on my food.