Chapter 15- eavesdropping

Aprils POV
"Alright ill tell you, but dont go making fun of anyone for being cheesy!" I began trying to hear one specific conversation at a time.
First i heard lucy and loke,
"I really like you alot just, youre my spirit. Wouldnt it be a little wrong?" "Not if i feel the same way about you," There was a long pause. "Than id really like to ask you." Loke cut lucy off, "no lucy, ill ask you." He cleared his throat. "Lucy heartfilia, will you be my girlfriend?" There was another short pause until, "oh loke!" I could see lucy wrap her arms around him. "Of course ill be your girlfriend!"
I told natsu exactly what i heard and he just nodded for me to continue. I focused again and this time i could hear juvia speaking.
"I-i know you dont open up your feelings much so you dont have to say it," there was a long pause and i could see gray shifting uncomfortably as she spoke, "but last night you kissed me for the second time, and it wasnt nothing. So i at least know you have some feelings for me. And thats enough. I love you gray-sama. Even if you dont love me back yet,"
juvia spoke sadly but as i picked up another sandwich i saw gray pull her into a hug.
"You idiot," gray said jokingly, "of course i- juvia, i do love you," juvia gasped. "I-i just- just because i dont show my feelings much, doesnt mean i dont have them. I love you juvia,"
As i told natsu what was happening we both saw gray pull juvia into a kiss. Natsu screamed, "yeah ice princess! Go get her!" But of course they couldnt hear him. "Okay next one!" I focused again and picked up on jellal and erzas conversation.
"So that fiancee of yours wont get mad about last night?" As erza said this i laughed out loud while natsu was asking me what she said. "Stop making that joke! Youre almost as bad as meldy! Im sorry okay? I shouldnt have lied to you". Erza sighed before speaking again, "you dont have to apologize, i understand why you did what you did. But if its okay can we try that again?" Ooh erza youre smooth. "Try what again exactly?" Jellal asked. You are so thick. Erza began to speak but just sighed before leaning over and kissing him, and it seemed like he was enjoying it.
I told natsu what happened and he just responded with, "bout time! Next one!" Once again i focused and got another conversation, this time it was gajeel and levy.
"I love you gajeel," levy said sweetly. "You too shrimp," gajeel said as levy hugged up to him.
"Well that was simple enough" i told natsu. I focused again and tuned in on mira and laxus' conversation.
"Last night was amazing, that reminds me, we need more condoms," laxus just nodded his head to her.
"Well that was too much information," natsu said as i told him. I feel like im forgetting something. Oh shit! "Again babe! I wanna hear more!" Natsu asked childishly. Ill talk to him about that another time. I focused again and heard romeo and wendys conversation.
"So uh- wendy, i know you heard our conversation the other day. And you should know that natsu told us yours." I wasnt looking at them but i could tell that wendy was feeling flustered. "So you um.. Know that Im...um...i think- you might be- well.. You mightbemymate." She said the last part quickly and i thought it was cute how flustered she was. It took a second but romeo finally spoke, "thats okay. I mean, were young but um- i really like you. Could this...maybe be our first date?" It didnt take a second before wendy responded "of course! Thatd make me so happy!" She hugged him but quickly pulled away. After a while natsu wasnt interested anymore so we continued talking about nonsensical things. After a while i told him, "okay you can eat the desserts if you want," as i said this his beautiful smile grew wider as he picked up a chocolate covered strawberry. He took a small bite out of it before putting it up to my lips. As i took a bite he spoke seriously, "april i-nevermind." I swallowed the strawberry before asking, "what is it? You can tell me." "No its just, its not the right time." As he said this he put his head down in defeat, slowly i hugged him and pulled his head into my chest, "its alright natsu, you dont have to tell me if you dont want to,". Natsu looked up and stared directly into my eyes, i could feel my face, no my whole body, heating up. "Its not that its just, i need to wait," i nodded my head and we continued eating in silence. I rested my head on natsus lap as he fed me the strawberries, every once in a while he would take a bite too. As we sat there the sun was slowly going down. The beautiful lilac in the sky was turning to a royal blue color. Slowly i raised my hand and activated the second part of the enchantment. As our blankets began to move i called out, "okay everyone, the privacy is gone now. Its time for group activities!" The blankets were being carried from high into the sky down to the beach again. The blankets formed a large circle around the table that the others were at. As we landed freed looked to me and said, "wow april, you did amazingly with these enchantments. I cant find a single hole," before i could thank him levy chimed in, "i know! Plus this is all so beautiful!"  "Thats not the end guys," "what do you-" before levy could finish the table in the center split down the middle and placed the people that were sitting there around the circle. In the center where the table used to be a large fire pit appeared. Everyone looked astonished and i felt quite proud. "Okay so you couldnt enchant a fire?" Sting from sabertooth asked jokingly. "Why would i need that when i have natsu here?" As i said this natsu walked to the fire pit and brought it to life. As the fire raged on the servers i had hired came out and began handing out mixed drinks. We sat around the fire talking for the rest of the night. After a few more hours peole finally began to leave. Each group that left thanked me to which i told them there was no need to thank me. Eventually it was just me and natsu. Slowly i raised my hand and caused the enchantment to clean everything up, i wasnt sure where the trash went and honestly i dont care at this point. We sat there in silence for a few minutes until natsu spoke, "okay babe, lets go back. I have a surprise for you," oh no.

Natsus POV
When i said this the color drained from her face, "whats wrong april?" I asked worried. She looked up and it was obvious she was hiding something but she just shook her head and stood up. As i stood she grabbed my hand and began walking. The walk back was silent but i wasnt sure why. It wasnt the same as our normal, comfortable silence. This silence felt...i dont know....depressing. When we finally got to the room i stepped in front of her. "Baby i uh-" why am i getting all flustered now?!?! I cleared my throat. "I did this all on my own and i hope you like it," i opened the door and as soon as she saw it her eyes widened. I watched her, looking for her reaction and i noticed that slowly tears began to form in her eyes. What did i do wrong? I thought she would like that i remembered her birthday. I had laid our red and white rose petal all over the room, i made a large sign that said 'happy birthday!'. I even made a cake with my own hands! Slowly she turned to me with tears in her eyes, " i-i-natsu" before she could finish i asked her, "baby whats wrong?"

Aprils POV
It was beautiful. I could tell that he handmade the sign and the cake but that just made it so much better. But still, i havent celebrated my birthday well.... Ever.

Flashback
(Little six year old april) "daddy ivan! Today is april 4th! That mean-" "you little brat! How many times have i told you to call me master! Enough with that daddy bullshit! Youre father was a pathetic deadbeat who died by disobeying me and your mother, the same!" I couldnt hold back my tears anymore, i dropped the party invitation that i had made for him. Why doesnt he care? Doesnt he love me? "But today is-" "enough with this! I dont care what day it is! Now go and train!" I stood there for another minute crying before ivan stood up, "you pathetic ingret! Leave before i-" he wasnt even finished by the time i was running out of his office. As i ran down the halls to my room i thought, but every kid has to celebrate their birthday at least once!
End of flashback

Natsu turned to look at me, "i-i- natsu," before i could finish speaking natsu looked at me worriedly, "what wrong?". I had so many thoughts in my head right now, but one of them kept coming back. Quickly i jumped on natsu and hugged him tightly. I spoke hurriedly as tears were streaming down my face, "natsu you saved me! Oh my fucking god you saved me!" Natsu hugged me protectively and was about to speak again but i continued, "everyday i was stuck in that hell! Even being kicked out was hell for me! I- i didnt know what to do! But then you showed up that night and- and you saved me!" As i finished natsu tightened his grip on me. "Im glad i could be that person for you. You dont understand how much i love you april," he said as he pulled away. He brought his thumb to my cheek and wiped away my tears. "Now, would you like some cake? I made it myself!" As he said this proudly he guided me to the table where there was a cake that said, 'happy burthday april!' I giggled when i saw this and told him, "you know you spelled birthday wrong, right?" He face turned red as he asked, "wait- really?! Aw man i thought i did everything right!" I kissed his cheek lightly before asking, "how did you know it was my birthday, anyway?" He quickly answered, "oh flare told me." Flare?

Flashback
I ran into my room and slammed the door shut. I sat n my bed crying for hours. Once i finally got tired and looked up i noticed a card on the floor of my room near the door. That wasnt there when i came in, was it? I got up and picked up, on the outside of the envelope it said, 'happy birthday april!' This wasnt ivans writing, who could it be? When i opened it i noticed it was a glittering birthday card. It was so pretty. I read it and it had the normal birthday card message until i got to the bottom, there it said, 'keep your chin up!'. Every single year on my birthday i would recieve these. I still couldnt figure out who it was from. None of my guild mates ever said happy birthday so i doubt it would be them. But still, every year without fail one of these has been slipped under my door.
End of flashback

Flare? Before i could question it anymore we noticed an enveloped get slipped under our door. Natsu walked over and picked it up, "its for you," he said as he handed to me. There it was. On the front of the envelope in red ink it said, 'happy birthday april!'. As i opened it i noticed a birthday card with glitter all over it, just like the ones i recieved every other year. When i opened it i was greeted by the same message, 'keep your chin up!' As i read this natsu asked me, "whos it from?" I felt myself beginning to tear up again as i responded, "i think its from flare," the rest of the night me and natsu spent cuddling and eating cake. Okay we may have had sex a few times also but whos counting? I cant believe how happy i am. In less than a week ive gone from living hell to living in heaven.