Chapter 26- The reception

Levys POV
After natsu ran away carrying april we all headed to the guild to wait for them. Once we got there mira suggested, "how about we change into some more comfortable dresses?" We all agreed and headed to get dressed. Before i left gajeel approached me "hey shrimp, a little heads up, expect some surprises tonight," and then he walked away. Expect some surprises?
No ones POV
flashback
Little did the girls know that while the boys were shopping for their tuxedos laxus had another idea. "So uh-natsu, where did you uh- buy the ring you gave her?" When laxus asked this natsu gave him a large smirk, "why? You thinking of asking mira?" Laxus turned a light pink before answering, "i may or may not-" laxus lowered his head as he finished "proposing to her at your reception-" before natsu could tell him about the jewlery store gray spoke up, "how dare you!" Laxus and natsu both looked over to gray with shocked expressions, "whats wrong with you?" Gajeel asked him. "I had that idea first!" Gray answered. "Oh my god. Youre going to propose to juvia?!" Romeo asked. Gray turned red before answering, "well yeah but now that laxus took my idea-" jellal cut him off, "actually it was my idea first," he spoke casually. "Uh- your idea?" Loke asked him. "Yeah, i have the ring and everything already," he told them proudly. "So do i!" Gray admitted. "Well im going to get one," laxus stated. "Hey! I cant be the last one to propose!" Gajeel erupted. "Laxus, im coming with you!" As gajeel and laxus walked out of the clothing store and headed for the jewlery store romeo and loke watched them walk away in amazement. "Theyre really going," loke commented. "So youre all proposing on the night of the reception?" Romeo asked. "Well i am." Jellal stated. "So am i," gray told them. "This is gonna be great! We should syncronize it!" Natsu smiled widely as he spoke.

Aprils POV
When we got to the guild we could hear the music already. As soon as we opened the door we noticed how beautifully the guild hall was decorated. There was a beautiful ice sculpture of tulips in the center of the dancefloor and the red and white streamers lined the walls. "This is so pretty," i commented. Natsu squeezed my hand lightly, "of course it is baby, our friends care so much about us." After we stood in the door for a few seconds admiring the scenery everybody noticed us. "Ahh! The lucky couple has returned!" The master shouted happily. Everyone approached us and began congradulating us. everyone was wearing a different dress now, they were more casual. "The ceremony was so beautiful, you guys!" Lucy told us while loke nodded behind her. "April, you look georgous!" Levy told me as she held my shoulders. Gajeel towered above us as he spoke, "you do-uh- look nice, i guess." "Thankyou so much gajeel, you clean up well." I told him. I could feel natsu sqeeze my hand protectively but he didnt make any clear threats or anything. "Well i say we eat first!" Natsu said loudly. "Very well, this night for you two." Erza told us. "Me, wendy and carla made all the food!" Flare told me. "That sounds so great!" I told them. There was a large table for me, natsu and our wedding party in the front of the guild hall. There was and area cleared with the ice sculture in the center that was being used as the dance floor and all around that were the rest of the tables. Everybody was eating and drinking and talking and it was really fun. Apparently wendy and carla make the strawberry cakes, that erza adores, and chocolate covered strawberries. while flare made mini sandwiches, pigs in a blanket and broiled fish, mostly for the exceeds. There was also a fountain with red wine pouring out of it! Me and cana frequented that the most. After everyone ate mira spoke up, "so should we take the pictures now, or after the presents?" She asked. Everyone looked at me and natsu for the answer, "presents?" Natsu asked while his eyes lit up. "We should do pictures first," i thought out loud. Natsu looked down before looking back up with a smile on his face, "fine baby, we can take pictures first," he pecked me on the cheek after answering to which mira snapped a picture of it. I blushed lightly but before i could say anything lucy spoke up, "shouldnt we have taken these pictures in our gowns?" She asked. "Well i want to capture everyone in their natural element so i figured wed do the picture later at night. Besides, well be under the rainbow blossoms," she told us. "Oh okay that does sound fabulous," lucy replied. "Very well, let us head out," erza demanded. When we got to the tree out back of the guildhall i noticed how it was beginning to glow all different colors. As i admired the beauty of the tree natsu came and snaked his arms around my waist. He but his head in the crook of my neck as he spoke, "this night is already perfect." He told me. "It couldnt get any better," i told him. But little did i know, it was about to get a whole lot better.