Chapter 20- the R-system

Natsus POV
As i ran through the streets i saw mira holding a child, "mira where is april? Happy?" I asked frantically and mira had tears in her eyes. "Ivan came and april was fighting him and-" i cut her off, "okay, where?" She quickly pointed to a house a few blocks away and i began to run for it. Once i reached the house i noticed happy laying on the ground. "Happy!" I called out to him as i picked him up. Slowly he opened his eyes, "n-natsu?" "Hey buddy are you okay? Where did ivan take april?" Once i said this happy widdened his eyes and brought out his wings, "natsu lets go!" I looked at him quizically before he picked me up and began flying towards the tower. "Ivan took her to the tower! He wants to use her as the sacrifice to ressurect her mother!" As happy spoke i felt my blood boiling and i could hear myself emmiting a loud growl. As we approached the tower i noticed erza and jellal knocking out support beams, "get everyone out of there!" Erza told us as we flew by. Mira and laxus would have to worry about that. Im saving april. When we got to the top of the tower happy put me down and i began running for the doors to the sacrifice room. When i broke down the doors i saw it. Tied up against the wall was...april. She was knocked out and had blood all over her. I...i...will.. I will kill him! Before i could even register what i was doing i began attacking ivan. I felt like i was using pure instict for this fight. ive landed a few hits on him but he hasnt hit me once, "you-you bastard!" I yelled as i punched him in the gut and he hit me once in the face. "So your the dragon whos impregnated my daughter," his comment made me rage even more, "she is not your daughter! You dont have a right to call her that!" I felt the power surging through me and i sent it all towards ivan. He tried to send an attack my way but my flames rendered it useless. That bastard will die for this. Once he fell to the ground i walked up to him and engulfed him in flames. Once my flames surrounded him he began screaming in pain. I didnt release him, instead i kept my flames on him as he yelled. I noticed ivan was starting to turn to ash so i stopped. I kicked him feircly which caused the ashen to crumble. "Good riddance," i said before running over to april. Happy had caught her when ivans magic released her but she was still unconscious. I held her crying for a moment until mira and laxus walked up behind me, "lets get out of here," mira told me. "But-april is-" "well take her to the infirmary. Right now we have to get out of this falling bulding," laxus told me as we began to walk out. The entire ride home consisted of me trying to wake april up. She was still breathing but not responding. How could i have let this happen?

Miras POV
"Where am i going to go now?" May asked me. We took the first train back to magnolia after collecting our reward. April was still unconscious and we needed to get her to porlyuscia. Since mays parents were killed we decided she should come with us. "Well you could stay with us, if youd like?" As i asked her this the others on the train gasped. May looked up at me and smiled brightly, "id love to stay with you guys! Youre so cool!" The rest of the ride back i told her all about the guild and the people in it. She told me that she wanted to use water magic just like april. Once we walked inside the guild natsu carried april to the infirmary and the master informed prolyuscia. We all sat down at the bar and began explainging to everyone what had happened. Soon juvia and gray approached the bar and sat next to where may was. "And who might this little cutie be?" Juvia asked me. "Her name is may. Shes going to be staying with us from now on," juvia sat there talking with may all day. It seems like theyve really connected. Juvia even tried to help her with her water magic. "Will i get a new mommy and daddy?" May asked suddenly. Everyone in the guild stopped what they were doing and looked over at them. I could see tears forming in juvias eyes. "I-i" before juvia could answer gray stood up and lifted april into the air. "How about you come live with me and juvia here? Were not your parents but youll still be our family," it only took a second before may answered, "that sounds like a lot of fun!" May spoke cheerfully. Juvia looked up with tears in her eyes. She spoke as the whole guild watched in amazement, "darling you dont have to-" "juvia, you know this is what you want. Besides, this will give you a chance to move in with me," juvias eyes formed hearts as she hugged gray and may. A chorus of awws was heard from the girls and soon enough everyone went back to doing their own thing. "Youll still be my mommy and daddy!" May blurted out. I couldnt help but giggle.

Erzas POV
Three days ago we destroyed the tower of heaven. Mira and laxus even released all those who were captured and we recieved double our original reward! April was still unconscious though and natsu hasnt left her side except for when he set up her surprise. Jellal, laxus, flare and mira were all sitting at the bar looking gloomy. I should go check on april. As i began walking to infirmary i recieved many messages that i was told to pass on, "tell natsu that juvia is sure april will be fine," juvia told me while gray nodded beside her. "I too have a hunch shell be fine," loke told me, "lokes hunches are usually right!" Lucy added. When i got down the infirmary i noticed porlyuscia mixing some potions while natsu and happy slept next to april. Slowly i sat down next to natsu as i asked, "so is she going to be okay?" "shell be fine. So will her baby. She just needs to recover for a bit. Ive told your friend natsu that but he still refuses to leave," porlyuscia told me. "Well, dragons and their mates," i chuckled as i responded. I noticed natsu was holding aprils hand and i could hear him talking in his sleep, "april...please....april" he quietly repeated those words over and over again. Slowly i stood up, "very well, please do tell me when she wakes up," i told her. Porlyuscia just nodded as i left. When i got back upstairs i sat at the bar next to jellal. "Shell be fine," he comforted me. "I know i just-i just feel bad," i told him. Slowly the master stood on the bar in front of us and spoke, "listen up children!" Everyone turned their attention to him as he spoke, "a few days ago, a group of amazing wizards took down the tower of heaven. In the process one of our wizards was hurt" everyone looked at eachother and exchanged mutual worried glances. "She will be fine eventually but we must not let that get us down! April would want us to keep moving forward! Soon april will be back and we will be able to have a beautiful wedding ceremony!" I noticed the master tearing up a little as he spoke and when he finished everyone went back to their own conversations. Slowly laxus got up and walked to the infirmary. I looked at mira worried but she nodded her head as if to say 'its okay'.

Aprils POV
Slowly i opened my eyes. I was in my room. In raventail. Was that all just a dream? Slowly my door opened and i saw a beautiful woman. She was tall with curly black hair and the same green eyes as me. She wore an all black dress and had the raventail guild mark on her hand. It cant be. "m-mom?" I yelled as i ran up and hugged her. "Yes its me. I needed to talk to you," she said seriously. I could still feel the tears running down my face but slowly she released me and spoke again, "darling, i only did everything i did to give you a better life. Without ivan we wouldve been on the street," so this is a dream?? she spoke so tenderly. "But mom, there are plently of other guilds that would have accepted us! You didnt have to let yourself be killed so i could live with him unhappily." I began crying harder as i explained this to her. "I know that now which is why i want to say, im sorry. Im so sorry darling for putting you through all of this." This must be a dream. "No, mom! I forgive you! Its not your fault!" Before i could say anything else my mother lifted my chin so that i was looking into her eyes, "youve grown so much darling. Please wake up. For your dragon," wake up? "Mom, i dont want to wake up! I want to stay with you!" I told her. "No you dont darling. You want to go back to your family. Your fairytail family. Besides you are going to be raising your own family soon. Im so proud of you. Now please wake up,"