Chapter 7

"You know, I have a thing for blondes," Alex smiles.

"Do you?"

"Very much so, yes."

"Then it must be your lucky day?" I smile.

"Fuck yes," she says, pulling me onto her lap.

I look at her. "I can't believe you like me."

"Why not?"

"Because you hate me!"

"..used to hate you."

I roll my eyes. "Either way, the hatred was still there."

"Says the girl who developed such a strong hatred for me in such a short time span." she says, refrencing to when I ran away from her at the party.

I smile at her. "But here we are now..?"

She smirks and pulls me back to lean into her.

I hear the jingling of keys and the sound of footsteps from near us. I look to the side and see a woman and a man walk in. The woman has blonde hair and bright blue eyes, and the man has jet black hair and eyes just as bright and just as blue as the woman's.

I knew she wouldn't look like her adoptive parents, but let's just say the likeness isn't exactly uncanny.

AKA, they look like they shouldn't even be seen in the same country.

The woman stands in a black business suit with a pencil skirt instead of the pants, and the man stands in a dark gray business suit, a briefcase in his hands.

She groans and I slowly slide off her lap.

"Who's this?" the lady asks.

"This is my..this is Cooper," Alex smirks. I glance at her, and then quickly look away. I'm her what? Why did she have to stooppp?

"Hi," I smile.

"Hi, Cooper, I'm Dana, and this is my husband Will," her mom says, shaking my hand. I shake her father's too, him introducing himself. "So, Cooper, will you be joining us for dinner?" Mrs. Marsh smiles.

"Umm.." I look at Alex.

"Yeah, she will."

"Ok, well, I'll get started soon, and I'll call you when it's done," she smiles. I nod as Alex pulls me up the stairs. She walks down the hall and opens up a door at the very end. She hits the light and I look around.

The room is perfect. It's absouletly 'Alex'. The walls are dark gray, and in the middle sits a huge, at least queen size bed with black and white striped spread, and black pillows. There's a huge flat screen plastered on the wall, a recliner, that sits beside a couch and coffee table, a hammock hanging in the corner, and a jukebox sitting against a wall.

There are paintings and drawings all over the walls, and an easel thing sits in the corner beside the hammock, surrounded by paints and things of that nature.

I slowly walk over to the easel, looking at the drawing that sits on it.

"I like this. Did you draw this?" I say, looking at it. It's a girl. A beautiful girl. A completely realistic, beautiful girl. Except she's missing a puzzle piece of her face.

"Yeah, I did, and thanks, I actually finished it yesterday."

"Wow. You're very good," I smile at her. "What's it supposed to symbolize?" I ask, looking back at her work.

"Well..it's a girl..with a piece of her face missing."

I smile again. "Deep."

She smiles too, digging through her dresser. I wander around the place that's bigger than the entire upstairs of my house, that Alex calls her 'bedroom'. I find my way into the perfect bathroom and see a really pretty hairbrush sitting on the counter.