Chapter 32

"Your wedding is tomorrow, Cooper. It's now or never with this shit!" Emma says.

"Yes, I know, and thank you for coming all the way from LA to TELL ME THAT, SOMETHING I OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T ALREADY KNOW!"

She narrows her eyes at me. "You're welcome," she says.

I sigh and pace the floor of her hotel room, the one her and Harlie insisted on getting so we could all 'talk in private'.

"I'm so confused. I'm so sad and confused and disgruntled and upset. HARLIE, GET IN HERE!" I scream.

She comes running outta the bathroom. "Sorry, they have really nice smelling soap in there."

"He'll stop loving me if I keep it from him, but if I tell him, he'll still stop loving me, shit, I hate complications!" I groan.

"That's not what you were saying when you were licking Alex's-"

"THANKS," I say to Emma. "YOU CAN GO NOW."

"Cooper, we all know who you'll end up with."

"Uhh, I don't," I say, raising my hand.

"No, I don't think she'll be with-" Harlie starts saying to Emma but stops as my phone vibrates on the table.

I sigh and pick it up, seeing it's my mom calling.

"Hello?" I say into the phone.

"Heyy, I'm at your house with Ethan, where are you?"

"I'm with Harlie and Emma."

"You knew I was coming today, why'd you go there?"

"Because, mom, they're also here for my wedding, and we were discussing so-"

"But I'm your mother, I have birth rights. Be here in ten minutes," she says and the line goes dead.

Great.

I could strangle her. I won't. But I could.

"I gotta go, guys," I sigh, grabbing my bag.

"Go where?"

"Mommy's here," I smirk.

"But you're with us, we have dibs!" Harlie says.

"Yeah, but apparently, she has 'birth rights'."

"NO, WE HAVE TO DICUSS THIS BEFORE TOMORROW."

"Sorry, guys, I gotta go. I may be twenty, but my mom can still take away my phone and I just downloaded Ariana's new song, sooo bye."

"Ohh, did you see she has a whole album coming out?" Emma asks.

"Yesss, I am so ready, I was looking and even the titles of the songs are beautiful!" I cheer.

"I have the whole thing preordered, I am PUMPED!" she shouts.

"Have you all forgotten that this is our last day to discuss the real problem at hand?" Harlie asks quietly.

"No, but I gotta gooo."

"Fine," she sighs. "Wait, can we come with?"

"Sure, but we have to leave like right now."

They quickly grab their stuff as we walk outta the hotel and get into my car. Emma sits up front with me, Harlie in the back.

"Harlie, why have you been some hormonal lately?" I ask.

"Hormonal?" she asks, looking at her phone.

"Yes. Hormonal. Why?"

"I am not hormonal. Just deprived."