Chapter 10

"I told you not to get me anything."

"Well, I didn't listen. Open it," I smile.

She glares at me, opening the present at the same time. She looks down at it. "..is this..?"

"Yesss," I smile.

"Holy fuck!" she screams and looks at me. "You're perfect."

"I know," I smile as she kisses my lips.

"Where did you get this?"

"A vintage store in the mall."

"Cooper, this must of been shit to find," she says, flipping through the pages.

"No, I just stood around a little," I shrug.

..while Cameron discreetly flirted me up.

"Well, it must have cost the fucking Taj Mahal."

"Not really."

"Ohh? How much?"

"I don't remember.." I say, scratching my head.

"I think you do," she smirks, grabbing Neuromancer outta my hand. She opens it and starts flipping through the pages.

Crap, crap, crappp.

She flips to the back of the book and grabs the reciept that sits there.

I discreetly sigh. That was close.

"Fifty dollars, Cooper?"

"It's not that much."

"Baby," she sighs.

"Alex, it's for your eighteenth birthday, get over it."

"But I didn't get you anything for your's."

"I promise if you get me anything for my birthday, I'll never speak to you again, I'm not kidding. Besides, it was before we knew each other."

She groans. "You're so stubborn."

I smile and kiss her. "But you love it."

"..mhmm," she smiles sedcuctively, watching me as I sit down on the couch. I open my book and start reading at Chapter One of course, and this goes on for about ten minutes, with Alex sitting on the opposite side of the couch, taking pictures of me.

"Alex, nooo," I half, groan, half laugh.

"Why not?" she smiles.

"I look like crap."

"You look like an angel, but that's regular for you."

I smile. "Thank you..but I wanna read, not be America's Next Top Model."

She chuckles. "You're so lame."

I stick my tongue out at her and lean back on the couch, reading.

"..what the fuck is this?"

I look up. "What?"

"What the fuck is this?" Alex repeats.

I look at what she's holding in her hand, and read it.

'Call me whenever your girlfriend doesn't wanna read with you. -Cameron'

Oh crap.

"..uhh..-"

"What the actual fuck is this shit, Cooper?"

"I wasn't even talking to him, I swear. He was just helping me find the book, and then he-"

"I get that you're probably still into guys..at least I guess I get it. But for you to fucking cheat on me with one, who do you think you are?"

"Excuse me, Alex, I did not cheat on you. If you would've let me finish, I would've said that-"

"Ohh, cut the crap, Cooper," she says, looking down at the number. "Is this why you've never invited me to your house? You're ashamed of me, so you get some other dude's number? "

"No! Where are you getting this?"

"Maybe from this fucking number that just fell outta your nerd book," she says, throwing the paper on the ground.

I roll my eyes. "I've never invited you to my house because my parents aren't accepting."

"Accepting of your new troublemaker?"

"No, Alex. They're not accepting of gay relationships. They would probably kick me out if they knew what I was doing right now."

She just looks at me.

"Not all parents are as accepting as your's. I grew up in a family where anything gay was absurd. If you don't get that, that's your own deal, but I did not cheat on you, Cameron gave me his number, even after I told him I had a girlfriend."

"..why'd you keep it?" she asks quietly.

..got me there. Why did I keep it..?

'Cause you're an idiot..?

I don't remember asking you.

"Why?" she asks again, louder this time.

I shrug slightly.

She sighs. "Whatever, Cooper."

"I'm sorryyyy, I do not like him, or anyone else for that matter. Only you, I promise. Besides isn't it kind of a rule not to cheat in relationships?"

"Call it what you want."

"I call it a rule. And don't I have a vow to never break a rule?"

She shrugs slightly.

I smirk. "Thought so. Now you have to forgive me."

"Do I?"

I nod. "You do," I say, setting my hands on her shoulders and sorta playing with her wavy hair.

She stares at me a second, slowly setting her hands on my waist. I nod again. "Mmhmm. I'm sorry."

"..it's cool."

"Promise?"

"Yeah."

"Can I see your cute little dimples?" I say in a baby voice.

She laughs, her adorable dimples popping.

"There they are," I smile, kissing her lips. She kisses me back, tightening her grip on my waist. "Can I take you up on that offer now?" I whisper, referring to the first night we had..you know.

She smirks. "Absolutely."

□□□■■■

Heyy, I am sooooo sorry it's so short, but I figured this is as far as I should go with this chapter..the next one's biiigggg.

At least I think it is.

Welll..HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYSSSSS! 2014 WHOOP WHOOP.

I love you guys!

Stay 0dd! ♥

-Missy