Chapter 15

"I'm excited. I am so fucking excited," Emma smiles.

I roll my eyes and pull of my clothes, slipping on the dress from yesterday. I slip on some heeled maroon booties, with my regular makeup. I tie my
hair into a messy bun at the top of my head.

"What color cardigan?" I ask.

"Just black."

I shrug and grab a black cardigan, holding it in my arms in case I get cold. "How do I look?" I ask.

"Soo perfect. Alex is gonna love it more than she loves you..which is a lot."

"Shh! Not so loud."

"I fucking whispered."

"It was still too loud."

She rolls her eyes as I pack up my bag, just when the doorbell rings. My heart skips a beat right then.

"Are you sure I look ok?" I pant.

"Yessss, go have fun, I'll be here when you get back."

I nod and walk outta the room, quickly looking in the hall bathroom mirror. I fix my hair once more and put on a little more maroon lipstick.

"Cooper, your friend's here!" dad yells up.

I sigh and walk down the stairs. "Hi, Alex," I smile.

"Heyy, Cooper," she smiles back.

"So where are you all going?" dad asks.

"Just to her place for a project," I terribly lie.

"In a dress and full makeup?"

"..there may be a little..uhh, party at our friend's house," I lie again.

"Thought so," he smiles. "Just be safe and have fun."

"Ok," I smile back, walking out and closing the door.

"You look absolutely stunning," Alex smiles.

"So do you," I say, because she does look adorable. She has on black, holey denim skinny jeans, a light yellow, short sleeve button down, and black Chelsea boots on, her hair down with a short, little chain necklace around her neck.

"Not really."

"I think you look adorable."

"I'm honored," she smiles, opening my door for me. "No, but seriously, you look amazing."

I blush. "Thank you."

"It's just like my dream."

I get confused for a second, but then I get it. After Alex had told me that she cheated, and told me why she did, she said that she would never be able to take me out, me in a pretty dress, her in her jeans.

Yet, here we are now.

"..I guess it is. Another reason why you're an idiot for cheating."

She sighs. "Can we not talk about that tonight?"

"You brought it up."

"And now I brought it down. Smile for me, baby."

I glance over at her and smile. "It's really hot in here," I say, throwing my cardigan to the back.

She looks over at me. "You really should get more dresses like that."

"It's kinda tight though."

"So? You look perfect, more perfect than usual..if that's possible.

"Charming."

"Only for you. Look, Cooper..I mean it..I really mean it when I say that I love you."