Chapter 13

.The next day.

"Emma, I was looking online last night and I found those boots we wanted on sale! THIRTY BUCKS!" I scream, running to the lunchtable and standing.

"I knew they would go on sale, YES!"

"I know, only problem is that they didn't have them in black."

"Holy shit, no," she frowns. "What all colors did they-"

Right then, Alex stands beside me. I sigh and roll my eyes.

"..heyy, Alex," Harlie says.

She smirks.

"Do you have to stand so close?" I ask.

"Do you have to talk?"

I glare at her. "I hate you."

"I thought you were in love with Alexandra Marsh."

Josh goes wide-eyed.

"And I thought you really liked me and wanted to be with me."

"People lie."

"Ohh, so you'e been lying about how you feel about me?"

She shrugs. "I've been known to want what my brother wants. He likes a girl, so do I, just outta pure hatred for him and everyone else on the planet. So..yes, I did lie. There was never any attraction there, just defiance and the need to show up Griffin. Looks like you fucked up again, huh?"

"ALEX," Harlie says.

She just stands, staring at me, as my blood boils. As every ounce of anger I could ever muster grows and grows inside me.

I try to push aside the pain I feel by acting as if her words didn't just tear me apart. "Well, it's a good thing no matter how much my head tells me I 'love you', my heart'll always know that you're nothing more than a cold-hearted bitch that I loathe," I smirk.

An emotion flashes on her face, but Emma and Harlie shoo her away before I can see it.

"Damn," Josh says, looking at me. "Bad blood?"

I smirk again. "You have no idea," I say, trying to stop the tears from falling from my eyes.

○○○

"I saw you with Alex," Lily says as I look into the bathroom mirror.

"Cool."

"What'd she say to you?"

I tuck my hair behind my ear and fix my holey denim jeans and One Direction t-shirt.

"I'd rather not talk about it right now."

"Alright. How about we talk about it Saturday? A walk in the park?"

I sigh. "Lily, you're like three fourths cool, I guess, but I'm not in the mood to be your little play toy because you need some money. I need people to stop fucking lying to me, but I don't get it. Life's full of disappointments, you should get used to it."

She shrugs. "..maybe I like you now, you never asked that."

"Maybe because I don't care."

"Mmm, Alex sure is rubbing off on you."

"Ohh."

"C'mon, one date," she smiles.

"I'm kinda not over Alex and kinda never will be, so no."

"She's not worth it, Cooper. She'll be fucking another girl just like you by fourth block."

I scowl. "No, you know what, fuck you," I say, walking outta the bathroom.