Chapter 27

We walk up to the door of Nina's house. "Soo..that was fun," Alex says, pulling out a key.

"Yeah..thanks for inviting me."

"No problem. Thanks for driving everywhere."

"No problem."

She nods, putting the key in the door and opening it. "It was good seeing you again, Cooper," she says.

"You too."

She nods again and holds out her hand. I shake it and then glance at my car. "..bye, Alex."

"Bye, Cooper."

I walk back to my car and slide in as the door to Nina's house shuts behind Alex.

Wow.

That hurt a lot more than I thought it would.

○○○

I slowly sit up and look around. Ethan lays beside me, still asleep. I check the time, 6:16 a.m.

I get outta the bed and walk to the bathroom. I start up the shower water and pull off my pajamas, climbing in. I wash my body, hair, and face, and then get out, drying off, and quickly blow-drying my hair. I pull on some underwear and then some old cheer shorts I have and one of Ethan's old, big white sweatshirts. I don't have classes until the afternoon on Monday's.

I walk to the kitchen and start a pot of coffee, putting away dishes.

"Morning," Ethan's thick, morning voice greets me.

I turn. "Heyy, babe, morning."

"It's Monday, right?"

"Mhmm."

"Awesome."

"What?"

"That means now only two more weeks until I get to call you my wife," he smiles, kissing my cheek.

"That's so sweet..but technically, yesterday would've made it two weeks."

He frowns. "Same thing."

I laugh at him and pull the coffee pot off, pouring some for him as the doorbell rings.

"Get that," I tell him.

"I don't wanna."

"Go."

He sighs and stands, walking to the door. I pour myself some, and run my fingers through my wavy, messy hair. I walk towards the door, and see Ethan standing there, talking to someone. I walk a little closer and see him talking to Alex.

Shit.

I quickly set the coffee down and walk over to the door.

"Alex..heyy," I smile.

"Heyy."

"..I see you two have met," I say about Alex and Ethan.

"Yeah, I had to meet the person who was stealing my fiancée all weekend," Ethan jokes.

Alex smirks and discreetly rolls her eyes, but I notice.

"Uhh, Ethan, can I talk to Alex in private for a second?" I ask.

"Sure, yeah," he says, walking away.

I walk all the way out the door and close it behind me. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I was leaving..you know to go back home..but then I remembered that you lived here..so I stopped and here I am."

"..ok. Well..hi."

"Hi. I actually should get going, I have classes at one, and I gotta meet my mom for something and, a bunch of other shit. I just wanted to come say bye."

"Ohh."

She nods and extends her hand to me. I look down at it and then pull her into a tight hug. Her arms snake around my waist as mine wrap all the way around her neck. "Bye, Alex," I say quietly, pulling away.

"Bye, Cooper," she says, quickly kissing my hand and turning to walk away.

And with each step she takes, a tear forms in my eyes. I quickly open the door to the apartment and walk in.

"What'd you guys talk about?" Ethan asks.

I say nothing as I walk into the bathroom and shut and lock the door.

"Cooper, what happened, are you alright?" he asks, knocking.

"..I'm fine," I say quietly. "I'm fine."

But we all know I'm not.

□□□■■■

sorry it's so short, I figured I should just stop here for now. next chapter's good!

and I just remembered, I totally never finished doing that song of the chapter thing. so here goes nothing.

Family Tree by Kings of Leon.

thaankkkksss

-Missy