Chapter 17

.Alex's POV.

"..hi," Cooper says quietly.

"Heyy. I kinda figured we were gonna walk back here together," I smile.

"..sorry, I was really tired. Decided to just..walk home alone."

"Ahh. Can I come in?" I ask.

"Uhh, I don't think..that'd be a good idea right now.." she says.

"Why not?"

"Who is it?" a voice says from behind the door. Out walks her older sister, Karmen, I think it was. "Alex!" she smiles.

"Karmen," I smirk.

"So funny," she smiles again. "It's so nice to meet you, I'm Cooper's older sister, Kelsey."

"Right," I say. "I knew that."

She nods. "Of course you did. Boy, it is soo nice to meet you!" she repeats, shaking my hand.

"You..also," I say awkwardly.

She smiles once again, and then stands back, hands on her hips.

"Well, Cooper, what are you doing just standing there, invite her in!" she says.

Cooper looks at me. "Would you like to..come in?"

"Yess," I say slowly.

She opens the door wider and I walk in. "Now, give her a kiss!" Kelsey shouts.

I look at Cooper. "What?"

"She knows," she says quietly, her eyes filling to the brim with tears. I don't have the slightest idea why she's crying, but I do know that I don't like it. I wanna hold her and caress her and kiss her and love her and make her smile again. I wanna see those pretty brown eyes light up as she laughs at some cheesy sex joke I make, only for her to kiss me with her soft lips.

Holy fuck, I love her.

"She does?" I ask.

She nods slowly. I look at Karmen, or Kelsey, or whatever her name is. "Don't tell."

She smiles a geniuine smile. "I promise. When Cooper's ready to tell, she will."

I nod slowly. "..thanks," I say.

She nods too. "I'll give you two some privacy," she says, walking up the stairs.

I look over at Cooper. "You ok?" I ask.

She slowly shakes her head. "C'mere," I say. She walks into my open arms as a gently rub a hand up her back. "It's gonna be ok, baby," I say, moving her hair outta her goregeous face and wiping her beautiful eyes. "It's gonna be ok, baby, I promise you."

"How can you be so sure?" she sighs.

"Because I promise you, I promise you, I'll find a way to get us outta this, I'll-"

"I can't do this, we can't do this, I-"

I quickly drop my hands from around her. "What do you mean?"

"I can't..I-"

"Cooper, if this is about your parents, I told you, I'll find a way for us to move past this."

She slowly shakes her head.

"Not them? Thenn..it must be about Karmen. Look, she said she wouldn't-"

"Her name is Kelsey. My older sister's name is Kelsey."

"You know I'm terrible with names, but-"