Chapter 8

"Wait," I say, grabbing Alex's arm.

"What?"

"..you're just gonna go..?"

"I'll be right back."

"..but..-"

She slowly and deeply kisses my lips. "I'll be right back," she says again, walking outta the bathroom.

I sit on the counter glancing around. I feel soo drained, but so..energized at the same time. I'm not sure what I imagined my first sexual encounter to be like, but Alex made a very good experience.

"Wow," I sigh, jumping off the counter, sliding my clothes back on. I walk back into Alex's room, feeling a little limp, and looking at her artwork once again.

This drawing of this girl is sooo realistic. It's so perfect. I pick it up and see tons of other drawings behind it. Some of guys, girls, nature, anything. Everything.

And they all look soo real.

"You like them?" Alex's voice startles me, making me drop a few drawings.

I sigh, picking up the drawings. "Yes. A lot. Where'd you learn to draw like this?"

"I didn't. I just goof around sometimes, it turns into this."

"Alex, these are not you just goofing around a little bit. These are art, real pieces of art."

She rolls her eyes, smiling. "Thanks."

"Can I have this one?" I ask, picking up the first one I saw, the one of the girl with the puzzle piece missing. "It looks like me."

"You're my muse," she says, picking up paint brushes and setting them into her holder.

"..really?" I smile.

She shrugs. "Yeah. If anything, you're the work of art."

I smile. "Kiss me."

She does as she's told and then pulls away slightly, her lips lingering on mine. "You're not getting the picture."

"Why nooootttt?" I whine.

"I worked really hard on it, and it reminds me of you and..I'm sorry."

I smile. "It's fine..but I reallllyy like it.."

"Cooooll," she smiles.

I sigh and sit on the bed. "..I had fun. Thanks for a good time."

She smiles again. "I had fun too," she nods. "I like you, Cooper..and I think I like you a lot."

"..really?" I ask, shocked to here her say this.

She nods again, looking at the ground. "I really like being around you."

"I like being around you too. You're actually pretty nice when you aren't hating me," I smile, trying to make the mood a little less serious. I like Alex but I don't think I wanna have a conversation about anything too heavy right now, I am too tired for that.

She smirks. "I'm a pretty amazing person."

I roll my eyes playfully. "Is dinner ready?"

"Uhh, yeah."

"Great, I am sooo exhausted and need some food."

"Sorry about that," she smirks again.

I gently push her face away. "Whatever, perv."

She kisses me again and walks into the hall. "WAIT," I scream whisper, stopping in my tracks.

"What?" she asks.

"Griffin," I say, running back into her room.

She sighs. "Baby, you're gonna have to tell him."

"I know, I know! I just..not today."

She looks at me. "You got lucky, he's out with friends tonight."

I sigh. "YAY."

She smirks. "Fucker. You need to tell him."

"I know," I frown.

She sighs again. "You're lucky you're hot," she says, kissing the frown off my face.

I smile and pull her down the stairs.

○○○

"So, Cooper, Alex tells us you just turned eighteen," Dana says.

"Yes, ma'am," I nod.

"Not all you thought it would be?" Will half smiles, half smirks.

I smile too. "Not at all, I thought I would feel soo..empowered and..adulty, if that makes sense."

Dana laughs. "Yes, I know exactly how that feels. I remember Alex always telling us how she was soo ready to be eighteen, and then on her birthday, she wore basketball shorts to school, with her hair in a messy bun."

Will chuckles. "She makes such great fashion statements."

I smile and Alex sighs. "How 'bout we not talk about me and what I was like on my past birthdays?"

"It was just like two or so weeks ago," Will says.

"Two weeks ago?" I ask.

"Yeah," Alex says.

"..I remember that!" I exclaim remember the day Alex sat down beside me at the lunch table. "It was the day after we met in Kohl's. Why didn't you tell me that was your birthday?" I ask her.

"Because I didn't care."

"About your eighteenth birthday?" I ask.

"Birthdays are overrated," she shrugs.

"Yeah, you think everything's overrated, but your eighteenth birthday isn't."

"Baby, it's cool," she smiles.

"Baby?" Dana and Will say in unison, glancing at each other.

Alex looks at them. "Yeah, I told you I liked her."

"But you didn't say you all were dating," Dana smiles.

Alex talks about me? I had no idea we were at the talking about each other phase. I giggle to myself, she is so sweet.

"..we are," Alex says, glancing at me. My heart skips a beat as her eyes meet mine for the split second.

"Doesn't Griffin have a crush on you?" Will asks me.

I nod slightly. "Particularly.."

"Well, I can see why. You're beautitul, but I bet you get that a lot," Dana smiles.

I shrug. "Thank you," I smile, tucking my hair behind my ear, putting some lasagna in my mouth.

"I bet you hear it a lot from Alex," Will teases.

I shrug again, opening my mouth to speak as Alex cuts me off. "Yes, she does," Alex says, grabbing my hand.

Dana smiles a warm smile. "It's nice to see Alex found someone she can actually tolerate. She isn't the nicest."

I laugh. "Ohh, trust me, I know. She actually hated me last week."

"Last week?" Will asks, surprised.

"Yeah, it's a really stupid story," I smile, looking at Alex, who stares at me with the stupidest smirk on her face.

"Ooh, do tell," Dana smiles.

"Alright, well.."

□□□■■■

I AM SO SORRY IT'S SO SHORT AND KINDA LATE, I've been off my rocker lately with Christmas and stuff.

Ohh, wait.

Happy holidays, guyyysss :)

lovee youuuuu ☆

but still sorry. :|

Stay 0dd! ♥

-Missy