Chapter 38

"Are you ok, baby?" she asks, brushing messy hairs outta my face.

They called me baby. They ruined baby for me.

"I hope you killed them," I sniff.

She smiles slightly. "Just about. I can tell you in the car, let's go."

I nod as she grabs my hand and we walk outta the mall.

We get to the car and slide in. "..where were you, where did you go?" I ask.

"I swear to you, Cooper, I was right behind you when a random shithead yanked me outta the store. I realized it was fucking Freddie, that dude that dated Samantha, remember? He was trying to hit on me and when that shit didn't work, he tried talking about you, asking weird, personal questions, like about you and Ethan and your family. I didn't like that and tried to leave but he squeezed the living shit outta my arm. So, inevitably, I punched him in nose. I walked back into the store, you were gone, so I followed the trail of lip gloss and Starbucks..yeah."

"..ohh."

"C'mere, Pickle," she says.

I smile slightly and climb over the middle compartment, sitting in her lap.

"I would never let anyone hurt you, you know that. I think, sadly, they were trying to get back at me for being a bitch to them in high school..a big bitch," she sighs. "I should've seen this coming, I just never thought they would drag it out this long or come after you, those disgusting hoes."

"Ohh," I glance at her, not knowing what to say.

"Yeah. So, I did kinda kill them. Just a little. I would've fully killed them, but if I got arrested for it, I wouldn't be able to see my Cooper and I don't like that," she half jokes, smiling at me.

"Me either," I sniff. My head hurts and my heart hurts and my body hurts and my soul hurts and the only thing that even remotely soothes the ache is Alex.

She curls her pointer finger and lightly wipes my nose. "Eww," she teases, wiping her finger on her hoodie.

I smile slightly and lay my head on her shoulder. "I love you."

"I love you more," she smiles back.

"Liar, no you don't."

"Liar, yes I do."

"Nuh uh."

"Uh huh."

"Nuh uh."

"Uh huh."

"I'm hungry," I sigh, trying hard to taking my mind off of this fucked up shit.

"And a loser. What do you wanna eat?"

"They basically raped me," I say, climbing back into my seat.

She sighs. "If we talk about it, I'll really kill someone."

"I can't stay here anymore."

"What?"

"Can we leave town?"

"Yes," she nods, starting the car.

"And I want Burger King, I really need a double Whooper."

She laughs. "Of course, baby."

"Don't call me that."

"Why not?"

"They called me that."

"..I should've killed them."

"Next time, you can."