Chapter 17

Sorry I took a short hiatus due to school.

Nara POV
Jimin's been giving me the cold shoulder for a week now and it's starting to get on my nerves. I just made dinner and was waiting for him to come home. The door clicked open and I jumped up. Jimin took off his shoes and put them down.

"Hey," I started, walking over.

He ignored me once again and walked to his room, slamming the door behind him. Frustration and anger welled up within in. I stomped over to his door.

Taking a deep breath, I called out, "Park Jimin, stop ignoring me."

No answer.

"I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THIS, JUST COME OUT NOW AND EXPLAIN TO ME WHY YOU ARE TREATING ME LIKE I'M INVISIBLE. I DO SO MUCH FOR YOU, YOU CAN'T JUST THROW ME AWAY. AT LEAST GIVE AN EXPLANATION!!!" I stopped to catch my breath.

Still nothing.

"JIMIN STOP IGNORING ME!!" Now I was screaming from my throat. I kept repeating this sentence over and over. Tears welled up in my eyes and my throat became sore. I leaned against the door and slowly slided down until I was just a sobbing mess on the floor. I lost count of how many times I said this line, and eventually, my eyes closed and I was taken into a dream state.

Jimin POV
I sighed as I opened the door slowly. Nara was lying there, asleep. I quietly stepped over her body and went outside to get some air. Taking in the sharp scent of the cool, evening air, I used the time to ponder about my actions.

What should I do about Nara?

Should I keep ignoring her?

What about my father?

I was ignoring Nara because I think I might be starting to develop feelings for her. It is forbidden for masters to fall in love with their slaves. Especially because I'm one of the princes. I really want to talk with her though. She's always able to cheer me up and she's the light in my near-pointless life. I don't know what to do.

My father wants me to take over as king. Why he didn't choose one of my brothers, I also don't know. I don't think I have the responsibility to become king yet, but I also don't want to disappoint my father.

Whatever, I need to meet Jeanna at her house right now.

~~le time skip~~

I stepped onto the porch of Jeanna's house. Who is she? She's a friend of my family. Jeanna's father is my father's friend. Her family is also rich. Our fathers wanted us to get married, but we both were against it, so we created a plan to end it. We stayed friends afterwards though.

After ringing her doorbell, someone opened the door. A girl with long red, choppy hair tied up in a ponytail stood there. Yep, definitely Jeanna.

"Hey Jimin," she smiled and greeted.

I smiled back, "hi."

"Oh my gosh, I miss you so much. I haven't seen you in like forever!" Jeanna wrapped her arms around me.

She invited me in to sit on the couch.

"So how's it going?" She asked.

"I'm kinda in a conflict right now and I don't know what to do, but I don't really want to go into detail."

"Aw, poor thing. I hope you figure it out soon. Remember, you can always talk to me."

"Thanks, Jeanna. So why'd you ask me to come over?"

"I have something to say and do," she leaned closer to me.

I tilted my head, "is something wrong? Did something happen to your father? Are you okay?"

She laughed, "no, silly. Why would you think that? My family and I are fine. I just need to tell you something."

Jeanna held my chin and leaned in even closer. She moved her head until her lips were almost touching mine. I could smell her strawberry breath. I averted my eyes to her cute, little dimples.

"W-what are you doing?" I stuttered.

"I'm going to kiss you," she whispered.

And with that, her lips were moving against mine. They felt soft and I was really tempted to kiss her back, but instead, I pushed Jeanna away.

I struggled to make eye contact. "I have a girlfriend," I explained.

"What? And you didn't tell me?" Jeanna furrowed her brows.

"Well, more like I have feelings for the girl."

"Does she reciprocate?" she demanded.

"I'm not sure."

Jeanna was annoyed and pushed me out her house. "Take me to meet her one day, but for now just leave me alone!"