Chapter 26

Nara POV
Jimin and I were cuddling in front of the TV, watching this random game show. He wriggled out of my grasp.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing. I just remembered I have to buy groceries," Jimin said.

I got up. "Let's go."

He hesitated, "it's okay. Really. Just stay home and relax. I'll be back soon." He gave me a smile.

"I'm still your slave, so I should be the one doing these things."

Jimin shook his head. "I told you, I'm going to find a way for us to be together."

I was still doubtful. "Alright, then. Come back soon."

I sighed as Jimin left and the door closed. What should I do?

I shrugged and walked over to a bookshelf. I picked out a book and opened it to a random page.

Skeq mij tukle xamdopub naeb yufg chure

The heck does that mean? I tried pronouncing the words, but it just tripped up my tongue.

Whatever. I put the book back. Just then, there was a knock on the door.

Ooh, it's Jimin! He's back so quickly did he superspeed to the market or something? Why would he knock though? This is his home.

I hummed happily and skipped over to open the door.

“Hii Jim-” I stopped when instead of Jimin, standing there was Jeanna. “Oh. Hi Jeanna.”

“Hi, Nara. Were you expecting someone else?” Her eyes coldly prompted me, and her voice icy. “Someone like.. Jimin?”

“It doesn't matter,” I muttered, “why are you here?”

“Let me just tell you one thing,” Jeanna walked around me in a circle. “Jimin is going to be mine. And there's nothing you can do about it.”

“How do you plan to do that? Jimin and I love each other,” I smirked.

She hissed and the next thing I knew, Jeanna was all up in my face. She grabbed the top of my T-shirt and pulled me closer to her.

“Just watch me.”

I pried myself off. “Get out.”

With that, Jeanna stomped off.

What's her problem?

Why would she threaten me? Didn't Jimin say that both him and Jeanna didn't want a marriage. So she finally knows what she backed out of.

That's too bad. She missed her chance. Jimin's mine now.

Unknown POV
“Let her in,” I commanded.

The guards led a petite girl into the room.

“Jeanna,” I smiled, “what brings you here?”

She smiled back and knelt down before me.

“No need for formalities. We know each other, after all. It's fine.” I said.

“Your majesty,” Jeanna stood up.

“Yes?” I was curious now.

“Are you aware that your son is dating someone?”

“Which son? Jimin?” I assumed it was Jimin because Jeanna is close to him.

She nodded.

“Oh, is that all you came to say? Tell him I'm fine with him dating. Jeez, he could've just told me himself.”

Jeanna looked down, “There's more. The girl he's dating is.. his slave.”

I furrowed my brows. “Are you joking?”

“No.”

“Jeanna, it's not good to lie,” I narrowed my eyes.

“I'm not lying, I swear. I can prove it,” she insisted.

Jeanna reached in her pocket and took out her phone. After swiping through it for a moment, she brought it up to my eyes.

On the screen, there was a picture of Jimin with some girl. And they were cuddling.

“This is Jimin and his slave Nara,” Jeanna explained.

“Nara?” I said in disbelief, “that was who Taehyung liked. Tae begged me to let him date her. Is she a slut or something?”

“I don't like her. I think she's using Jimin to get out of slavery and to get free stuff. I'm just looking after Jimin,” Jeanna claimed.

I gripped the edge of the throne I was sitting on. “That's enough. I'll look into this matter. Thank you, Jeanna. You can go now.”

Jeanna slowly backed out the door. When she was gone, I called over my advisor.

“Call Jimin here. And tell him to bring his slave,” I instructed.

If you haven't already, please check out my new book. It's called "The Way You Make Me Feel (Yoonmin)". Okay, thank you very much. I'll stop with the shameless advertising.