Chapter 23

hey I wrote this in class

Nara POV
I looked up in surprise. Jimin was holding the man's wrist, stopping him from punching me. He threw the guy to the floor and jumped on top of him.

Jimin raised his fist and slammed it down on the guy's face. He did it again. And again.

Blood splurted out of the guy's mouth.

As he was about to throw another punch, I stopped him.

"No, Jimin, I think he's learned his lesson," I said.

"But he tried to rape you!" Jimin snapped.

"I'm not hurt, though," I smiled, trying to convince him.

"Fine," he muttered, "let's go home."

Then, Jimin did something I didn't expect. He took off his own jacket and wrapped it around my body.

"I'm so sorry," he apologized, "it was all my fault. If I hadn't made you walk outside like that and-"

"Shh," I cut him off by placing a finger on his lips, "it's okay. Really. Don't worry."

Jimin brought me home, where we relaxed for the rest of the day.

~~~~

The next day, I was freshening up when there was a knock on the bathroom door. I opened it and Jimin was there.

"Yea?" I asked.

"Nara, I haven't gotten to take you out on a proper date yet. Want to go right now? I'll take us to breakfast," he offered.

"Sure," I smiled, "I'll be ready soon."

I finished up in the bathroom and went to find some clothes. What does one wear to a date? Well, he's just taking me out for breakfast, so I guess I can dress casual.

I picked out a grey hoodie and black leggings.

"You ready?" Jimin called.

"Yep!" I met him at the door, "let's go." I linked my arm through his.

We went to a brunch place to eat. We were given menus by the waitress who led us to a table.

"Hm," I muttered," scanning the list, "pancakes and sausages! Can I get that Jimin?"

"Of course."

He waved the waitress over. "Can we get two plates of pancakes and sausages?"

We were given the food, but as I was about to dig in, Jimin said, "Nara, say ahh."

A pancake was near my lips. He was trying to feed me. I opened my mouth wide to get the pancake. He chuckled and put some syrup on another one.

I gobbled up the rest of the food because it was so delicious.

"Thanks for paying, Jimin," I said.

"No problem. Wanna go to the movies?" He asked.

"Really? Yay!" I exclaimed.

At the theaters, we browsed through the movies. I wanted to watch a horror movie because they are awesome!! I finally saw Ouija on the list and got excited.

"Can we watch Ouija," I pleaded.

Jimin looked uncomfortable. "Isn't that a horror movie?"

"Yep, I love horror movies. Why? Are you scared?" I teased.

He scoffed, "What, no! Nara, don't be scared. I'll be next to you if you get scared."

I laughed at his lies.

We bought nachos and popcorn for the movie. We also got tickets for the love seat, so people glared at us when we sat there. Jealous.

The beginning of the movie was fine. To me, it wasn't scary at all. When I glanced over at Jimin, I saw that he was very tense.

Suspense started to build up. Suddenly, there was a jump scare, and something popped on the screen. I panicked a little, but laughed when I came to my senses. Horror movies make me laugh. Don't judge.

Another thing came up. Most of the people watching screamed, including Jimin. Not me, though. Jimin buried his head in my shoulder. Aw, so cute. I patted him.

I laughed as we exited the theater. "You were so scared~"

"Was not!" Jimin defended himself.

"Next time we can watch something that's not a horror movie, yeah?" I reassured him.

"Please."

We were walking home together. Jimin laced his fingers with mine. To everyone else, we looked just like a perfect couple.

Jimin was going on about how he once fought with a lion. Because I was staring at him while listening intently, I didn't notice someone coming our way until I bumped into them.

I quickly stepped back and bowed. "I'm sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going," I apologized.

The person was a pretty girl with red hair. She was about two inches taller than me.

"No, it's okay," she smiled.

The girl glanced over at Jimin, then her smile disappeared.

"Hi Jimin," she said.

Confused, I asked, "You guys know each other?"

"Yeah, we're great friends," she answered, not taking her eyes off Jimin. "Was this the girl you told me about? The girl you liked? I see you guys are dating now." Her eyes trailed down to Jimin and my still intertwined hands.

Jimin looked at me, "Nara, this is Jeanna. Jeanna, meet Nara."

"Hi Jeanna," I said.

She coldly glared at me, then smirked, "Pleasure meeting you, too."

Talk about 0 to 100 real quick.

With that, she walked away, leaving me and Jimin alone on the sidewalk.