33; what a mess ♡

Song; American Money - BØRNS
-
You and your best friend, Mark were sitting on the couch in your living room watching stranger things and you heard a weird noise.

" What was that ? ", you ask Mark.

" Uh, I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't hear anything. ", Mark replied.

You decided to leave it be until that noise happened again.

" You can't hear that ? ", you said.

" OKAY ITS MY TUMMY IM HUNGRY ", he says.

" Why didn't you just say you were hungry ? ", you asked the red haired boy.

" I don't wanna be rude and say uhhh y/n go make something too eat because I'm hungry. ", he says.

" Mark we have been best friends all through high school and all through college. You can tell me when you are hungry. Besides just go in there and make something yourself. ", you say and continue watching the show.

" Okay then I will ", you saw Mark get up and head to the kitchen.

You were at a suspenseful part of the show and decided to pause it so Mark wouldn't miss it.

You walked into the kitchen to help him and you couldn't believe what you saw.

There was whipped cream, everywhere.

" Mark what did you do ? ", you asked in shock.

" I'm sorry ! I was trying to make us ice cream sundaes and the reddi whip went everywhere. ", Mark said with whipped cream all over him.

" Its okay i will help you clean this up. ", you reply.

You both start cleaning the kitchen, once you are done you realize that Mark is still covered in whipped cream.

" Mark you are still a mess. ", you say to him.

" Oh yeah, I should probably get cleaned up. ", he says and then takes his shirt off.

You turn away quickly. You have never seen Mark with his shirt off.

" Y/n can you get it off my face please ? ", he asks.

You turn around to look at him. He was gorgeous. You never really thought of him in that way but god he looked amazing. Even with whipped cream on his face.

" Sure ", you say in a soft tone.

You grab a wet cloth and start to wipe the cream off his face.

" It's too bad, I bet those sundaes would have been delicious. ", you half laugh.

Mark then put his hand on the side of your face and smashed his lips to yours. It only lasted a second and he pulled away.

" There, that's what it would have tasted like.", he giggled.

You were shocked and you knew you had whipped cream on your face now.

" Okay ?", you say awkwardly.

" What ? ", he asks.

" Well you aren't comfortable going into my kitchen and making something but you are comfortable with kissing me ? ", you ask him.

" I guess so ", he laughs.

" Okay. ", you say and continue to wipe his face.

" Y/n. I am in love with you. ", Mark says as he meets your eyes with his.

You freeze, not knowing what to say.

" What ? ", you ask.

" I'm in love with you. I can't take it anymore I had to tell you. I have been keeping this in since junior year of high school. I am so in love with you and I can't keep it in any longer. Please tell me you feel the same and that I wasn't the only one feeling this for all these years. ",  he says.

But you didn't feel that way. You never thought that Mark was interested in you. You always thought he was attractive and had a big heart but you never thought that he wanted you. Guilt rested in your chest as you tell him the truth. You had a boyfriend that you loved very much. You love Mark as well but he's your best friend not your soul mate.

" Mark, I'm sorry. You know i love you, but I'm not in love with you. Mark you know I'm with Ethan. I just can't throw all those years I have away to be with you. You're my best friend. I wish you would have told me sooner. I just, I don't know what to say. ", you say while  you watch your best friends heart break into a million pieces.

You see a tear roll down his cheek and then you felt like a truck hit you head on.

" Okay. I'm sorry. I- I shouldn't have said anything. ", Mark walks out of the kitchen and you follow him.

" Mark, you're my best friend please don't leave. ", you say trying to catch him before he indes the door.

" What am I supposed to do y/n ? Stand here and get rejected ? Watch my best friend tell me that she doesn't feel the same way I have for 6 years. 6 years y/n. I guess you are right. I should have told you sooner, maybe then I would have had a chance. ", he says and tarts walking out the door.

" Mark please ! ", you say as he slams the door.

You run your through your hair as tears start to roll down your eyes.

What a mess.
------
A/N : Hey guys ! I hope you liked this imagine ! School starts back in a couple of days and I'm not looking forward to it bleh. In other news Mark dyed his hair brown UGH it's so cute he looks like the old Mark again ahhh!!! Also my friend made me a markiplier trash pillow and I'm so happy I love it !
Let me know what you think of this imagine and let me know what other imagines you would like to see !