Chapter 23

Melody's POV

"Not that I'm complaining about you worrying over me, but why'd you worry so much?"

Alec asks while our foreheads are still pressed together.

I stare into his eyes for awhile trying to form a reasonable response. Eventually I pull away from Alec and stare down at the now very interesting floor.

Alec cups my cheek and lifts my face up so that I'm staring at him. As soon as I see his loving expression I bite my lower lip.

His eyes flash over to my lips in an instant. He moves his finger to my lips and creases it so that I am no longer biting it.

"It's distracting," he mutters.

I blush deep scarlet. Alec lips make contact with mine and he kisses me gently. Our lips move in sync, after a while he pulls away.

"Melody please tell me why you were pacing before I got here." he says gently.

I nod.

I interlock our fingers together and pull him over to the bed. I sit down and he sits down beside me.

"I was worried because you took so long, I thought something happened to you."

I whisper playing with his fingers. They're actually a lot bigger than mine. But mine fits perfectly in his.

Alec once again lifts my chin so that I'm looking up at him. He pecks my nose then hugs me.

"What did I do to get an amazing mate like you?" he asks laughing.

I giggle too."Ya what did you do to get a mate like me-who ran away when I first saw you."

I say sighing deeply.

"Hey you where scared, and didn't know what to expect all that matters is that were together now. I'm not losing you anytime soon. Melody please promise me you'll never run from me again." he says giving me a pointed look.

"I promise."

I finally pull away from his warm embrace. As soon as I do I regret it already missing the feeling of being in his arms. I look up at my Greek God like mate.

"What happened with the 'rogues attack'?"using air quotes for rogue attack.

I instantly notice that Alec clenches his jaw and anger takes over his features. I grab his hand and squeeze it in an attempt to calm him down. He closes his eyes and breathes deeply then opens them.

"I wouldn't call it an attack Mel..." is all he says.

"Alec, what happened. You know you can tell me anything right."

I whisper still squeezing his hand. He squeezes mine back and stares at me with loving eyes.

"I know."

I stare at him tentatively as of telling him to continue and tell me what's bugging him.

He sighs heavily.

"You're not going to stop until I tell are you." he asks.

"Nope" I reply popping the 'p'. Alec chuckles.

Alec's POV

"Well when Carter and I got there-to where the rogues attacked they were all dead except one. I told my warrior to take him down to our underground prison cells. Then Carter and I headed there. We questioned him and he refused to answer."

Melody gasps, "So you killed him as well?" she asks with fear in her eyes.

I immediately shake my head.