Chapter 33

Ashton's POV

It felt as if getting to the hospital took and eternity but in reality it was only 15 minutes. I haven't told anyone were we were going... I haven't even told Mase our sister is currently in a surgery room.

I can't, if anything happens to her we'll all go mad. We'll distance ourselves from each other. Not being able to bear the pain of losing her.

She brought our family back together after my parents died. After their death we-Mase and I couldn't look at any family in the face nor talk to them. Mel was the only exception and she brought us and our cousins closer.

Our aunts and uncles distanced themselves not being able to bear the pain of losing their sibling. It was a terrible time for our family especially since our parents were close with their family.

We arrive at the hospital and I pull over,and then look over to Emma. She smiles slightly as if she knows something is wrong trying to comfort me. I kiss the back of her hand and we get out of the car.

We hurriedly walked into the hospital before entering I saw Mase and our cousins with confusion written all over their faces.

They followed me regardless. And we found Alec sitting in the waiting room. His head in his hands. Looking drained and deafeted.

Sitting next to him is is twin, Ava I think and her mate Alpha Carter.

We all first great Carter and then we ask Alec what happened.

Actually Alec first had to explain to everyone why we were here.

Xander POV

"What are we doing here-where's Mel?"Jace asks staring at Alec. Who looks lost like he has completely zoned out of reality.

"She's in surgery right now." answers Alec's twin sister quietly.

"W-what's s-she doin-g in s-urg-ery?" stutters Mason.

"Melody was helping the pack fight and the leader managed to jump on top of her. He bit down on where her shoulder would be in human for. Then she fell unconscious in wolf form." explains Alec's sister, Ava I think her name.

"Shouldn't she be healing. I mean she's a werewolf we heal fast. Plus she's is a white wolf she's supposed to heal faster."

"The doctor said she's too weak to heal herself so her body shut down. Her healing will be the same as a humans till she gains her strength back." Carter says with a sigh.

"Why would she be weak?" wonders Greyson aloud.

"Maybe she used one of her elemental power. " answered Dylan clicking his fingers.

"Maybe" muttered Ash.

We all look at Alec expecting him to answer our unanswered question but he continues to stare into space.

Alec's POV

Melody had come out of surgery five hours ago and was still asleep. The doctor said that the fight really took a toll on her body and that she could be out for a couple of weeks max.

After rushing Mel to the surgery room I phoned Carter parshly to tell him the battle had ended and to talk to my sister. I told him we had managed to get their leader and that we'd get answers out of him later.

I spoke to Ava. Asked her to bring me some clothes. In a matter of minutes she was here handing me a pile of clothes.

I stared at it at first. Unable to move. Ava finally convinced me to go get changed and that if anything would happen she'd mind link me immediately.

I got dressed in under a minute and took my place outside the surgery room. Waiting.

Then I realized I forgot to tell her brothers and cousins. Shit. I phoned Ashton and told him.

The ten of them including their mates came rushing in. I can't remember much after that. I zoned out for awhile.

Up until the doctor came out of the surgery room telling me my mate was okay. That she had a broken shoulder and two fractured ribs. But she was alive.

That had brought me out of my previous state where I couldn't even talk.

I've been sitting holding Mel's hand since then. Sitting on the side of her hospital bed. Refusing to move.

Her brothers stayed for three hours then had to leave. They wanted to tell their pack. Their cousins had only stayed for two hours something about parole I think.

Ava left as soon as Melody came out of the surgery room. But came back an hour later to check up on me and to give me food.

I haven't eaten or drunken anything. I can't not while my mate lays on a hospital bed. It's my fault.

I think Ava told my parents I have refused to eat. Because I hear a knock on the door and immediately recognized the scent of my parents.

They walk in my father puts his hand on my shoulder and my mother begins to tear up.

"Oh my..." she says covering her mouth.

Then she turns to me and becomes even more shocked.

"Alec have you not eaten!" she says softly but sternly.

I shake my head my throat to dry to want to try and speak.

She bends down in front of me.

"Alec, how can you worry about her if your not taking care of yourself? What's Melody going to think once she wakes up?hmm?"

I stare blankly at my mother.

"You'll make her worry about you Alec, then her condition will get worse. In order to look after her you need to look after yourself."

My parents stayed a little while longer then decided to leave. My father told me he'll deal with the pack and that I should worry about Melody.

Before my mother leaves she says, "Remember in order to look after Melody you need to look after yourself."

I smile slightly at my mom letting her know I understand. The sun sets and my eyes get heavy.

So I decided to get into the hospital bed with my Melody. And that's how I spent the first night back with my mate after our fight.

In a small hospital bed. But at least she was in my arms once more.