Chapter 34

Melody's POV

I see trees all around me. I'm in a forest, it looks so familiar but I can't remember why.

Then it hits me like a hammer. I'm in the forest of our old territory. In the exact place my parents died. I remember it all now.

I was hiding behind this tree. I think while stroking the tree.

I remember now, how could I have forgotten? With both my hands on the tree a loud sob escapes my mouth.And I slide down the tree crying. Tears streaming down my face.

It's my fault they died. I'm the reason they're dead. I sob louder feeling so alone. I probably look like a total mess right now.

"Why's my little girl crying?" asks a familiar voice I haven't heard in years.

I immediately wipe me tears away with the palm of my hands and look up. Then I see my daddy standing leaning against a tree. I quickly stand up and run into his arms.

I sob and he tries to calm me down. Then I feel someone hug me behind my back. I turn around and hug her too. We share a group hug.

Then I pull out of my parents embrace, more tears spreading down my cheeks and my throat gets really dry. I feel it closing. Making it seem impossible to talk.

"Oh hunny..." my mom says, wiping my tears-stained cheeks.

I pull her into another hug. I haven't felt this close to my mommy in years. I hug her tightly, afraid she'll fade away if I don't.

I catch her by surprise but she wraps her arms around me regardless.

"Melody we need to talk, your mother and I have to talk to you."

I slowly let go of my mom and turn to my dad nodding. He signs heavily but smiles and points to the direction of the floor, silently telling me to sit down.

My parents sit next to each other in front of me. We sit down of the floor cross-legged.

"Where does e begin?" my father asks, sighing softly.

"At the beginning would be helpful, daddy." I say in a duh tone.

My mom stifles a laugh.

"Teenagers. " she says rolling her eyes.

I roll my eyes at her tactics. Then the two of us burst out laughing and my dad joins in.

"Okay, finally things aside Melody, we need to talk about more important things now." My dad says, sitting up straighter.

"Old Alpha habits?" I ask meaning his change in posture and seriousness.

He nods. I smile and all of my old memories flood through my head. I remember my dad and other Alpha's talking, having meetings and even though he was always busy, he made time for me. His little girl. A single tear slides down my face.

"We wanted you to know that we're proud of you and your brothers. Ash took over the pack and has done a great job with Mason at his side. Helping him. You putting back the pieces we left off in the family. You being strong and never losing hope. We're also extremely proud of all of you, you and your brothers and cousins for dealing with this in a mature way since day one. Tell your brothers they have done much more than we expected them to do. That I'm sure they're great Alpha's and Beta's. All in all we're proud of all of you."

Tears slide down my cheeks once more.

My mom puts her hand on my dads knee and continues,"And you Melody will be an amazing Luna. Knowing you, you'll do a fantastic job."

Then everything disappeared and it all felt like a dream. All I could see was the blackest scene.

Holding no life. Nothing no animals, plants, nothing.

And once again I feel alone.