Chapter Fifteen

15:

I woke up to a knock on the door, "Come in," I grumbled, wiping my eyes. I looked at the clock and it said that it was almost eleven. Wow, I slept in a little late today. Almost twelve hours.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you," Zayn sang, entering my temporary room with a tray that had pancakes stacked up on them with a mountain of whipped cream. A little lit candle was sticking out of the top and I giggled. "Happy birthday, dear Hollister." He leaned in my face, "Happy birthday to you," he kissed my forehead and set the tray on my lap.

"Thank you." I said, my voice sounding like morning. I cleared my throat so I could at least sound more attractive because I knew for a fact that with my makeup-less face, messy hair, and unbrushed teeth, I must have looked like death itself. I noticed that he was already dressed and his hair was done. "How long have you been awake? You're usually last to wake up." I said to him. I could sleep a lot too but I thought Zayn slept a bit more than me.

"Just an hour or two." He shrugged. "Make a wish." Zayn motioned towards my pancake stack and he looked so enthusiastic like a little child on Christmas Day. I didn't know why he was excited, it was my birthday, but I wasn't going to question it. Happy people usually made me happy.

I pushed the hair out of my face and closed my eyes. I wish that there was no more evil in the world, no abusing, no cheating, just no evil, I thought before blowing out the candle gently. I didn't want anyone else to go through what I went through during my childhood because it was absolutely painful. Those wishes never come true but a girl could dream. "What'cha wish for?" He asked, sitting down on the bed in front of me.

"It won't come true if I tell you, Zayn." I giggled, "Do you want a pancake? Did you eat yet?" I offered and he shook his head.

"Nah, I ate already."

I could almost taste the pancakes and they smelled delicious. I took a bite and they tasted just as they smelled. "You told me you weren't a chef," I said, referring to the first night we met, "you liar." He smiled in response.

"Thanks. I wanted to make sure that your day started off great because it's going to be amazing today!" He headed towards the door. "Get dressed after you eat, too. But take your time."

I nodded and he closed the door. I sat on my laptop while I ate my pancakes. I saw Louis' birthday message first and it said: 'Happy birthday to one of my close friends @HollyMiller on her nineteenth birthday!! Have a good one love!!!' And then attached to it was a picture of Louis and I that I didn't remember taking. I was asleep and he was squeezing my face so I looked like a fish and he was doing the same. It was when I was sick and I fell asleep on him in the car. I replied with 'yeah don't remember taking that picture, but thanks Louis!! @Louis_Tomlinson'

Next I saw Niall's, which said: 'Happy birthday to a great friend of mine! @HollyMiller have a great day xx' then the picture that Niall and I took at the beach was linked and I smiled. 'Thanks so much Niall! @NiallOfficial'

Harry's said: 'Happy birthday to this clumsy dork @HollyMiller have a nice day friend. H' The picture with it was of Niall and me in the background, falling out of my bunk. 'wow thanks I appreciate it haha @Harry_Styles'

Then I read Liam's and it said: 'haaappy birthday to youuu @HollyMiller send her bday wishes she's one of the nicest people I know' The picture attached was one that we took together at the Teen Choice Awards. 'Thank you so much Liam!! @Real_Liam_Payne'

Lastly, I saw Zayn's. 'Happy birthday to my close friend Hollister! Have a very great day. xx :)' and he tweeted a picture of the two of us making funny faces at the Teen Choice Awards a few days back. I could've easily stood up and found him to say thank you in person, but I just tweeted him back instead. 'Thank you and I love that picture!!! @zaynmalik'