Chapter Twenty Six

26:

"Okay...so we have to get back to the hotel in ten minutes and we're across town holding millions of things." Harry exchanged a glance with me. "You need to make a plan."

I scoffed. "You're the one who wanted to go to this specific place to buy these dumb macaroons!" I shifted the things in my arms and began walking quickly. "Lance is going to kill us." Harry gasped from behind me. I turned around and started to say, "If these are more macaroons, I will literally--"

"No, it's not that." he approached a building. "I have an idea!" he told me in a singing voice. He started running into a building.

**Three hours earlier**

"Is Zayn acting a little...funky towards you too today, or is he just mad at me?" I looked up at Harry. We were eating ice cream cones; mine was double chocolate chip and his was mint chocolate chip.

"Funky?" he laughed. "Uh, no, not really. Why? What'd he say?" I told him about what happened earlier when I was questioning him annoyingly and then he snapped. "Oh." he frowned. "How rude. He was a little distant today, maybe something happened. But I still wouldn't understand why he was being mean to you, the nicest person in the world."

"Thanks." I smiled.

"You're actually only nice when you don't hit me. Or wrestle me." he chuckled. "Anyways, it's ironic how the day after you find out that you like him is the day he starts being mean. Did you say something to him about that?"

I shook my head, "Of course not, those feelings will pass eventually. And I told you not to mention anything. Especially this morning when you were going to scream it out loud to Louis and Zayn was right there, clearly awake!"

"Hey, I didn't know!" We sat down on a park bench. Luckily, I woke up after they took the picture and heard what they were talking about. Zayn was fake sleeping, I could tell. "I think you should tell him."

"I think not."

"He doesn't want Perrie anymore, he wants you. I can see it." Harry stated. "You honestly think that one night he'll love you and then the next, he'll just make out with his ex? That's sort of stupid."

I stayed quiet, leaning back in my chair. "The feelings will pass." I said quietly. I just had to keep reminding myself that and someday, it would become true. "He likes her, and not me...and that's okay. He gave me a chance and I didn't grab it. I rejected it. Twice." I sighed.

Harry just watched me for a minute before he stood up, taking me with him. "You need to be cheered up." he told me.

"But we need to get back to the hotel." I said as he dragged me away. My ice cream fell onto the street. "My ice cream!"

"I'll buy you some more. We have hours to spare. Our concert is in three and a half hours, so we need to be back in two and a half to get to our rehearsals. Let's go." Harry and I walked into a different ice cream shop and he ordered for me. "She'll have a large cup of peanut butter chocolate and chocolate sprinkles on top with whipped cream, please." Luckily, they spoke English there.

"Large?" I looked up at him.

"Yeah, large." he nodded. They handed it to Harry who handed it to me. "M'lady."

"Thank you, but don't you think it's too much?" I questioned.

"Whatever is unfinished, I shall eat. Ice cream cheers everyone up." he laughed. He still hadn't even finished his cone yet. "Where do you want to go?"

I looked around the general area that we were standing in and saw a little lake and those canoe things that you can rent. "Oh. My. Goodness. Look, boats!" I rushed towards it.