Chapter Twenty Nine

29:

"No one told me that Australia was this hot!" I fanned myself with my book. I was feeling really sick last night so I was wearing sweatpants and a sweater. I was getting the chills earlier. I pulled down the beanie on my hair and got into the tour bus that was air conditioned.

"I did." Niall told me. He was sitting on the couch across from me. I was covering my mouth and nose with my sweater so I wouldn't spread any germs to anyone.

"Oh. I do not remember that one bit." I chuckled and closed my eyes, feeling tired. Perrie and Zayn walked into the room cracking up loudly at something and I cringed from the noise level.

"Oops, sorry, Hol." he stopped immediately and Perrie quieted down. "We'll talk in the other room." Zayn whispered to me before exiting. I had a headache all day and he was talking excruciatingly loud. I watched him and Perrie exit the room and then I closed my eyes again.

"You really need to tell him that you like him." Niall said quietly. I opened my eyes and looked at him. I thought only Louis and Harry knew about my little, or huge, actually, confirmed crush on Zayn. I straight up told Harry and he clearly told Louis. I gave him a questioning look. "No, nobody told me anything. I just know, don't deny it."

"I'm not denying anything. I just don't want to ruin anything." I stated. "If I like him, Perrie's going to get mad and she's gonna want Zayn to avoid me again like last time. Plus, Zayn is very happy with her and I don't want to be the one to break his happiness. I'd rather have him happy as ever than have him."

Niall looked at the door to make sure that they weren't there anymore. He shook his head at what I just said. "No he's not."

* * *

The boys and Perrie were at the concert, leaving me in the tour bus outside. I didn't mind; I liked how quiet it was in there without all the screaming girls, loud talkers like Louis, and people laughing, it was just great. I was reading a magazine on the couch that I got from a store that we went to earlier. I saw a bunch of Jariana drama on one page, Justin Bieber stuff on another, then a little bit Austin Mahone and R5, and then The Zerrie-Holly love triangle. I furrowed my eyebrows at the title confusedly, which was Hollister Miller or Perrie Edwards?

Uh oh. I can tell that this article isn't going to be good just by reading the title.

It was all about how Zayn, Perrie, and I were supposedly in some sort of love triangle. They had pictures of Zayn and I from back in August and then they had the recent Zerrie pictures from earlier in September and late August. The smiles on Zayn's face were compared to each other. They said mine won and I made Zayn smile more and bigger.

One of the paragraphs said:

'Malik and Edwards broke up in late July and we all remember how pouty Zayn was - for about three days! The gorgeous Hollister Miller began making appearances around the same time Malik began looking happy again. Miller and Malik had rumors floating around about their status, but they always denied it. But, honestly, does anyone believe that neither of them ever had feelings for the other? At the end of August, Little Mix singer Perrie Edwards got back together with Zayn, disappointing many but also making a lot of people happy. Miller has been getting closer with Harry Styles, another band member of One Direction, since the two got back together. Harlister - as the fans call it - doesn't even compete with Zaylister. We can all agree that both ships are pretty cute, though.'

I reread the paper twice after that and then looked at the poll at the bottom for which ship the fans prefer. Zaylister got 54% and the rest was Zerrie, so my ship won more than half the votes. I yanked out the paper from the magazine and crumpled it up in my fist. I tossed it in my bunk that was at the bottom so I didn't fall out again, yes, they were still talking about that, and walked to the kitchen. That was definitely going to piss off Perrie more than anything and cause a fight between the two of them. This was what they were arguing over before; the fans were making it seem like I was the better choice for Zayn and then she got insecure.