Chapter Twenty Seven

27:

"You have been reading like crazy." Niall approached me. I looked up at him after finishing my page of The Fault in Our Stars. I didn't think the book was as great as everyone said it was, but it was good. Overrated, though. I shrugged as a response to his statement. "It's been like two days since you've had a proper conversation because you've been reading so much. Whenever you finish a book, you just pick up another. Did you just pack a Barnes and Noble?"

"Basically." I unzipped my bag, revealing all of my books.

"Well, we're all about to go swimming. You want to join us?" he asked me. It had been two days since the Harry and I thing where we got lost in France. We were in Japan. I have been reading a lot because they have been doing a lot lately. Zayn still wasn't talking to me that much and I was still confused as to what I did to him.

I closed my book. "Yeah, sure." I stood up. He left my room and I changed into my black, strapless bikini and put on a large tee shirt as my cover up. I slipped on my flip flops and took my book in my hand, leaving my phone behind. I entered with a towel over my shoulder and sat down on one of the chairs.

Harry stopped and looked at me. "Are you coming in?" he questioned.

"I can't swim, why would I go in?" I asked him. I wasn't trying to drown out there.

Harry looked back at the others and got out of the pool. He approached me, snatched my book, and tossed it to another chair. "Are you wearing your bathing suit under this?" he asked and I responded yes. Then he snatched off my shirt, picked me up bridal style, and began walking. "You need to stop reading, you nerd!"

"Harry, stop! You know I can't swim!" I squealed, squirming in his arms. "Harold Edward Styles--"

"Shut up already and have fun. It ain't even deep." He laughed, going down the steps. "Plug your nose and close your eyes."

Harry dunked me underneath the water. "I dislike you." I said after coughing up some water. I slapped his bare chest. He put me down and I could stand. "Oh. It's shallow." I giggled.

"Are you okay?" he asked me when the other boys went back to what they were doing. "You've been reading. A lot. And not talking."

"I'm fine. Great." I nodded while smiling. I put my hair up and he watched me. "What?" I questioned.

"You've been reading. A lot. And not talking." he repeated himself. "Is this because of Zayn?"

"No, I'm over that." I stated. Harry gave me a look. "I'm telling myself that, hoping that I'll believe myself soon." I didn't know what was wrong with me. I had never had strong feelings towards anybody in my life since romance was never really my thing. Also, I never had the chance to get to know somebody as well I as know Zayn. Then he stopped talking to me all of a sudden. I didn't know what I did to him; he couldn't still be mad about the whole 'are you sure you're okay' thing. That would be ridiculous.

"Well, put down the books and you and I can have loads of fun. We have a week off in like five days, you can come with me to see my family and then California." he told me. "We all know - well, Louis, Niall, Liam, and I - that you're reading to take your mind off of Zayn."

"I'm not denying that." I was just getting carried away since this was my first real crush. It was just annoying to think about one person all the time, especially when you couldn't even have them. "Yeah, I'll come with you. That should be fun. Thank you, Harry."

"It should. You know, you and I have become really close lately. The public thinks that were dating." he laughed.

"Gross. I would never." I giggled. He looked offended and flipped his hair.

Broken // Zaynजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें