"Good thing I found ya, love!" // Thornton High Series // Part three

Finally, the week ended. Saturday came and I stayed home all day and got busy being bored. Well, at least not until the time for the party came.

"I didn't sign up for this, Gabriella! You did!" I managed to groan through the phone while trying to put my top on. "And in case you've forgotten, we planned on spending time together."

"And we will!" Gabby convinced me through laughter and loud music playing on the other end of the line. "besides, you can't back out now. We're right outside, c'mon!" I groaned louder and hung up before I took one last look in the mirror and ran down the stairs, yelled I'm leaving and hurried outside.

I saw a car, music loud enough to just be muffled in the ears of the people outside. The back door opened and Gabby yelled for me to get in. And so I did.

George was driving and Matty was the one with the aux chord in the passenger seat, moving his head to the beat

George was driving and Matty was the one with the aux chord in the passenger seat, moving his head to the beat. I couldn't help but smile at the sight of them. They all greeted me and the giant started driving.

"So, is it far from here?" I asked. Ride was playing very loudly from the speakers and Matty stopped singing along and turned to face me. He grinned. "Not much, love." and he continued tapping his hands on his thigh with the beat. George was grinning widely. "Sorry about the tapping, Y/N. Matty has to distract himself." with this, Gabriella snickered.

"He has to keep himself from freaking out over--" They both couldn't seem to stop their laughter but he didn't get to finish because immediately, George earned a punch from Matty on the shoulder. I could tell he didn't hold back on it as George cursed very loudly at him. "You fuckin' idiot!" said Matty as he turned to look out the window. I looked to my best friend for answers but she just shrugged. Everyone in the car definitely knew something I didn't because I could feel the tension.

"Am I missing something?" I asked, letting them know I want answers. "Yes!" Matty said almost immediately. He removed his seatbelt. "A perfectly good party." Only then, I noticed we've arrived at Matty's house and it was packed with people and loud music.

As we got out and started walking towards the front door, I tried asking Gabriella again about what happened in the car. She was about to whisper to me when someone greeted Matty very loudly and said something about us being his and George's girlfriends. I frowned. But the three of them snickered. I glanced at Gabby and she only mouthed 'Something like that' and grinned. After that, we were introduced to the guy as their friends only.

We got inside and sat down the couch. Adam followed with drinks, gave them to us and sat down as well. Many people greeted Matty and the boys. I was now convinced of how famous they are.. at school at least. I smirked at the thought.

Time passed and we got introduced to some of Matty's friends. Gabby and I danced and played beer pong and drank lots of alcohol, I think. We were having fun. I was having fun. It was a blur of laughter and loud music until I lost Gabby to someone tall and blonde, probably hooked up somewhere. I sneaked to the backyard for a smoke.