"You can just smile" part four

"What makes no sense?"

He stood there.. in your doorway, leaning on the frame. He sounded smug as he always was before all this shit happened. It was as if nothing had happened.

But the moment you looked up at him, you realized you were wrong. He wasn't smug or proud of himself at all. The second he saw your face, shock became evident in his, along with pain and sadness.

For a moment there, you thought he mirrored your emotions. "Y/N.. What-" You stared up at him, your eyebrows slightly furrowed. Not wanting to give him the satisfaction of seeing you cry, you sat up straight and wiped away your tears.

He walked towards you just as you got up and walked to the other side of the room. "Stop!.. Get out!" you snapped at him as he stood there confused.

"Are you alright?" he looked like he was about to tear up as well. You turned around to face him fully and wore an innocent look on your face. "Yeah. I'm fine" you gave a slight smile. "Why would you ask that?"

"You were just-" he gestured to where you've been sitting and crying on your bed.

"Just leave, Matt!" you sighed and turned back around, busying yourself with something to do in your room.

You heard his footsteps but they weren't towards the door but you. "Please talk to me, Y/N.." he said softly.

"There's nothing to talk about Matty, you can let it go." you scolded as he took your wrist to turn you around.

"Well, I want to talk about things!" he snapped. Your eyes widen at this. He looked down, trying to find the words. "What things, Matt?"

"Oh, c'mon! Don't play that right now. You know what I'm talking about." he shook his head and he was frowning now, he was stressed and you could tell this took him a lot of courage to do and confront you.

You stared at each other for a moment before you said "Well, I don't wanna talk about it, so.." you trailed off.

"What?"

"Get out, Matty!"

"No! I need to talk to you, dammit!" he raked his fingers through his hair. "I.. I need you to know!"

"I don't want-"

You were both yelling and you knew people around the house could hear you by now.

You froze, getting pissed off. "Know what?" you said, raising an eyebrow.

He stood back, slightly relaxing. But you could see he was still trying to find the words.

"That you want me? That you like me and want to be with me?" You scoffed. "What, you're gonna ask me to be your girlfriend now?" you wanted to laugh to add to the sarcasm. You walked towards him and gestured to him. "This.. doesn't work on me, Matty!"

"What the fuck are you-" he gave you an annoyed look, shaking his head as you cut him off.

"I'm not gonna be one of your prey" you shook your head too.

"What, you think I'm playing you?" He stared at you. He was pissed off now. He looked offended by how you thought of the situation. "You think this is all my plan? Why the fuck would I do that to you, Y/N?!" He turned as if wanting to end the confrontation. You were both stressed now. "You're not like those other girls, if you must know."

"I do know that!" you practically screamed at him.

"No, no you don't. You have no idea how I feel about you." Pain and anger was evident on his face now.

And with that, he stormed off and left the house.

You heard muffled apologies to your mother and the door clicking close downstairs. You were still frozen where you stood. You tried to process everything in your brain but it seemed to have stopped working.