"How hard could it be, mate?" 2

"I have no idea."

Normally, I always have something to say. Often times, mean, but still something. What is happening? What is with this dude that suddenly makes me want to entertain someone?

My heart was pounding. I knew he was flirting. And this is the first time I don't know how to act around a person. I shook my head and smiled politely.

He just bit his lip.

'The motherfucker.'

I'm admiring the sight in front of me. It was beautiful. Why do I find it so beautiful?

This boy is known to be one of the elite. At this school at least. People think of him very highly in the campus. I don't know why but he was one of the mean girls.

Mean girls. It's what we call them, their group. There are ten of them. Some, you'll get to hear about in this story. They're the typical famous kids in high school. Thankfully, not bullies. But unfortunately, players. And by players, I mean fuck boys. Yep. Girls also tend to throw themselves at these lads. Sad, I know.

But not this one. As I look at him, I realize, he isn't like the boys in his group of friends. He's different.

He's always been very quiet. While the others are very expressive of their irrelevant high school boy type opinions, he stays distant and chooses to be mysterious. And I start to remember the times he proved to be different.

I know it seems like a joke. Why would he stay chilling with guys that are not like him? Surely, he shares a common trait with them. I'm convinced. But why is this too hard to turn down or just to brush away and ignore?

"I do." He said, bringing me back from my thoughts, as he gave me a grin.

I raised a brow in response. "How about I take you out for ice cream and we could stare at each other all day." His offer challenging. My mouth hung open slightly.

I furrowed my eyebrows to give him a mock look of indecisiveness. "Ice cream sounds nice." I nod as I played. "Nice enough to make me think about it." Then I smiled, a genuine smile. It felt like the realest smile I smiled in years.

This time, his mouth hung slightly open. As he started to show his amusement, I picked up my things and walked away. It felt good to leave him hanging with that grin on his face  and I had no idea why.

I've never been the type to gush out over guys asking me out or even noticing me. This time's very much different. I keep saying to myself how it felt different. And I've decided to find out why.