"How hard could it be, mate?" 3

Maybe it'd be fun. I'm not sure.

"How can you not be sure? He's everyones prince charming! Girls would flip when they hear he's finally asked a girl out." Kaia retorts energetically. I just told her about what happened when she ditched me the other day. And she's trying to convince me into giving this guy a chance. "Let alone someone who's hesitating to go out with him. Oh my g- Y/N! Focus!"

I let out a laugh. She likes to make jokes about how girls are always so typically head over heels with these types of guys, specifically these guys. At school. Everyday. Every year. And she's freaking out.

I let myself fall on my bed as my best friend spun herself on my desk chair. "Why am I even torn?" I sighed.

"Help me out?" I added as I propped myself up on my elbows and looked her way.

Her answer?

"Bitch, just say YES!"

*Library*

Fiction.

I was standing in an aisle full of books in fiction. Unable to decide which one to read next, I run my fingers on the spines of the books as I read the titles and wait for something to catch my eye.

And sure enough, something did.

It was him, walking towards me. Silently panicking, I tried to reach for a book that caught my attention. Unfortunately, it was on the second top shelf but I had no trouble pulling it out as it was hardbound and had its fair weight. But with the book came the dust.

Cliche. Ugh.

I coughed as I shook the book in an attempt to clean it. Examining it, I decide to put it back and look for a much lighter one to read.

"I thought I'd find you in fiction." A certain voice interrupted my little dilemma. A voice I suddenly thought attractive.

I turned to look at him and stopped in my tracks. "And why would you be looking for me?" I mused and continued my search, giving him a little smirk.

He shrugged. Fuck, it looked sexy! "Just wanted to see your pretty face." He maintained a clueless stare as if this was a normal thing to say.

"I have a pretty face?" You have a pretty face. I grinned, shaking my head as I read the preview of another book.

"Yeah-" He winked. But not before he reached to wipe dirt away from the side of my face. "Pretty, kind of dirty.." He was staring again. This comment made me smile and as he shoved his hand back in his pocket, he returned it.

I sighed and shook my head for the second time, showing my amusement. "What's up?" I asked casually and raised an eyebrow.

"Go out with me."

I don't know what it was. Probably, his eyes or his lips. I had no idea. Until now, I still don't. Could be his attitude and his appeal. Maybe it was his confidence, I'm positive. It had something to do with all his being straight forward.

But whatever magic it was, I'm sure he worked it. Because, immediately..

It made me say yes.