2.

Chapter 2:

Two weeks came and passed without anything fun or exciting not that it ever is. I'm just a typical college girl trying to graduate in the spring. I had my classes, exams, and papers slowly piling up on me as I put off things to the last minute. I would much rather be hanging out with Jared, watching Netflix, or just laying in bed reading something non-school related.

"You know sitting around the apartment staring at the TV is not going to help you pass your Psychology midterm." I gazed up from my binge of Grey's to see my roommate staring down at me with a disappointing look.

"No it's not but the library was packed and I hate studying here when I know there's something better to be doing. i.e. watching the Hawks-Rangers game in an hour."

"Then go to Starbucks or Panera. It's your worst subject. You need to do well on the midterm." He said taking the remote out of my hand and turning off the TV.

"Senioritis is a bitch." I mumbled rolling my eyes at him.

"Do you really want to not graduate because you can't pass a level 200 Psych class?" He asked throwing his bag down.

"It's not the class; it's the professor and you know it. Take away the three classes I've had with the asshole, and I have a 4.0." I said huffing gathering my things.

"I'm going to Starbucks, hopefully it won't be too busy on a Wednesday night." I said locking the door behind me.

I love Jared to death and having him as my best friend, roommate, correction officer (figuratively), mother away from home, and my partner in crime is the best thing in the world. When he goes into mother mode it's annoying, however, he is absolutely right this time. Psych 208 is the only class I have less than a 90. I will not let a class like this be the reason I have to come back in the fall. I want to be out in the world.

I threw my backpack over my shoulder, grabbed my wallet and keys, and made my way out the door into the brisk cold air of winter. It wasn't snowing thankfully so the four-block walk wouldn't be horrible if I was quick and the wind didn't pick up. I entered he coffee shop and it was nearly empty. I ordered a latte and a muffin before sitting down in the middle of the shop near the window. I could sit and watch the lights of Pittsburgh all night.

"I think I know you." I heard a voice behind me. I turned to see who was talking to me and nearly dropped the drink that was midway to my lips. There before me dressed in jeans and a long sleeve gray shirt was none other than Mr. Olli Maatta.

"Hi

"Hi." I managed to whisper.

"I'm Olli." He said smiling.

"I'm Alyssa, but my friends call me Lys."

"Pleasure to meet you Alyssa. May I?" He asked so formally motioning towards the empty seat across from me.

"Of course." I said moving my things off to the side so he could sit his own drink down in front of him. Jared will gladly excuse my misdeeds for a chance to talk to Olli.