22.

Chapter 22:

Sadly, the Pens lost to the Bruins in their second game of their road trip. Olli had called once they were heading to the airport since he "wanted to hear my voice". I smiled at his initial text and quickly called him. He was soft spoken, obviously on the bus but our conversation was much needed. He had a turnover that had led to the eventual game-winning-goal for Boston.

"You know, my class isn't until 115 on tomorrow, I could meet you at the airport. Perhaps cheer you up a little more in person." I suggested. He sounded beyond upset by all this and I wanted to help in some way

"But my car is already at the airport..."

"Well, they make these yellow things that are called cabs, and you can bring me home after or I could stay over..." I didn't think that last line through and suddenly my face flushed red. Good thing he couldn't see me.

"You would spend the night with me?"

"Yes, I mean I do miss my man. He's been away for almost a week."

"If you're really willing to come to the airport at 2 in the morning then yes, by all means."

"Olli, I'm a night owl you know that."

"I know but being up and in your bed is different then being out and moving."

"I'm willing to come see you, end of story. Now what do I need to tell the cabbie?"

"Just go to the Arrivals deck."

So two hours later, I was sitting in the nearly empty waiting area for their charter plane to land and eventually clear out. I noted a couple other WAGs standing around, most looked familiar but I hadn't been introduced yet. Soon, I saw a blonde enter with her hood pulled. I was nearly certain it was Catherine but I hesitated going over to the woman in fear it wasn't her. Last thing I needed was to draw attention to the important plane that would be landing shortly. She sat down across from me and finally glanced up from her phone.

"Alyssa?" She asked her eyes going wide in shock, obviously not expecting to see me.

"Good morning Cath." I said not sure what else to say.

"I'm so glad you and Olli worked it out and I'm so sorry for what I said, I didn't mean it as it sounded."

"I know you didn't. However, it triggered some hidden fears I hadn't thought about. I'm sure it is something I will struggle with for a while but I'm willing to do whatever I have to do."

"Hence why you're here." She smiled knowingly.

"I missed him, even though it's only been a few days."

"I wish I could say it gets easier, but at times it's harder." I heard some faint voices coming towards us and noted a few of the guys coming towards us. I saw Sid and Geno at the front chatting. I honestly wouldn't have recognized them if I wasn't expecting them. Both wore a simple hoodies and jeans; Sid even had his typical Pens cap on. It was honestly weird to see them in street clothes. I had slowly grew accustomed to seeing Olli in casual clothes but these two Hockey stars was something very different.

"Nice girl! You here to pick up Lil Fin! Good good!" I heard Geno said coming up to hug me. I giggled and welcomed the large man's hug more prepared than the first time.

"Hi Geno." I giggled.

"Good to see you again Alyssa. Geno be nice." Sid welcomed me from next to Catherine as she hugged him. I waved back to them.

"Same, Sidney." I smiled at the Canadian from the Russian's grasp. Soon Geno released me.

"Olli at the back of the plane will come along. I wait until he come for nice girl." Geno offered.

I noted some more familiar faces coming towards me and tried to remain calm. Soon Phil Kessel and Nick Bonino were nodding to Geno and Sid who stood with me and Cathy.

"Who is this? A fan?" Phil asked stopping, not knowing who I was.

"This Lil Fin's Girl." Geno said putting his arm around my shoulder proudly.

"Olli's girlfriend?" He asked to clarify.

"Yes, I'm Alyssa. It's a pleasure to meet you!" I said excited to meet yet another hockey legend.

"Kessel, she's a fan too don't let her fool you!" I see Kris now standing with Cathy teasing.

"A big fan, he's not lying. Olli's been gradually introducing me to you guys so I don't have heart failure."

"Oh I see, so obviously Geno and Tanger."

"Um...let's see Dumo, Tanger, Geno, and Sid. I've meet several of the wives and feel like I've met Marc Andre because of Vero but not officially."

"Well you can add me to the list. It was a pleasure but it is late and I for one am very tired. Olli wasn't far behind me..." He smirked.

Before I could comprehend his words. I felt two arms wrap around my waist and lift me into the air. Given Geno, Sid, and Tanger were all in front of me I knew it had to be my man. I smiled and giggled as he spun me briefly.

"Olli put me down!" I managed to squeak. He complied and I immediately turned around to hug him tightly. He did the same and rested his head in the crook of my neck.

"I missed you so much Lys." He whispered. I pulled back and wanted to kiss him but stopped. There were people around us and we were in a public airport. It was something I probably should not do.

"I missed you too."

"Alright break it up. Let's get out of here before someone realizes we're here." Tanger said motioning for Cath to follow him.

"I'll text you tomorrow okay?" She paused and looked back at me. I nodded and they continued their exit.

"Ready Lys?" Olli asked as he started to grab his suitcase handle.

"Yea, let's go. See you guys soon!" I smiled and waved to Sid, Geno, and Phil as well.

Olli led me out and to a private satellite lot that the team leased. I saw his SUV among the first row and was thrilled it wouldn't be a long walk. After a short drive back into the city, we pulled into an apartment complex that was much more centrally located than mine. Honestly, other than having a gated lot, it wasn't much different than my own building. I grabbed my overnight bag and waited as he gathered his own things.

"Eighth floor." He said motioning for me to hit the button since his hands were full with his suitcase and carry on. Once we reached his apartment he opened the door letting us inside, but literally two seconds after the door clicked closed, I felt his lips on mine. I dropped my bag to run my hands up his chest and wrap them around his neck. His hands held my face gently as if I would break. This kiss was sweet and gentle, probably the most meaningful kiss we've shared so far.

"I have been waiting for that since I saw you with Geno. I've missed you so much and I like having someone to come home to...especially when it's you." He said smiling. I chuckled and hid my head in his chest. He squeezed me then stepped away.

"Let's go to bed." I smiled as he led me through the rooms, eventually ending in his bedroom. It was simple with black walls and blue and silver accents but I could see touches of him there. I saw pictures of him and his parents, his brothers, the team, and what I could assume was his London family.

"The bathroom is through there if you want to change. There should be an extra toothbrush too if you need above the sink." He motioned towards another door breaking. He stepped into his closet as I closed my door.

I changed into my top and shorts then came out to see Olli sitting on the side of the bed in a white beater and flannel pants. I could see his arm and chest muscles very well and I thoroughly enjoyed the sight. I went to stand between his legs. I ran my hands up his arms and eventually cupped the right side of his face. He leaned into my touch.

"I like being taller than you." I teased reaching down for a short kiss.

"Do not get used to it." He countered before wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me onto his bed.

After our laughter from the antics settled, we found ourselves in a comfortable spooning position. I felt so content here in his arms and to say that was best night sleep I'd had in a while would be an understatement.