8.

Chapter 8:

"There you are, I was scared you weren't coming to your seat." A smirking Jared greeted me as I finally sat down in my seat. 

It was tricky to stay under the radar once Vero disappeared to the Lexus club. I had multiple staff members ask for my pass to be by the elevator after I had put it away to avoid being seen by other fans. However, once the whistle was blown, I slowly and smoothly slipped into the crowds near the store. I successfully made it up to the main concourse without any problems.

"No, its only 618. I had to fight through the crowds just like you. Sadly, I still have to get scanned in like everyone else despite having this." I flashed him my lanyard.

"Look at you being a VIP." He said smirking at the plastic.

"It just gets me into the family lounge and locker room before and after games if I want, not really anywhere else if Olli isn't with me." I whispered not wanting those around me to hear.

"So did you have fun with him?"

"Yes, it was great. But guess what?" Jared was my best friend and I would eventually tell him about the kisses but I wasn't going to divulge Olli's personal life with fans around. I couldn't risk them hearing and spreading rumors, when we weren't anything official yet. But I could tell him I met other players to make him jealous.

"What?"

"I got to meet a few of the players."

"Really who?"

"Oh only Dumo, Tanger, Sid, and Geno. Even got a hug from the Russian; God he is huge! I know Olli is the same height but he has a much larger build. I felt so small and kind of scared."

"I'm very jealous right now. To think I was considering letting you borrow my Maatta jersey. Forget that now." I stuck my tongue out at him and took in the view from our seats. We were towards the middle of the bench about three rows back. I would have a clear view of Olli all night and I was happy. I just hope he wouldn't get distracted.

"Are we getting food before warm ups?"

"We're in the club so the lines shouldn't be as terrible as in the main concourse. Let's go."

Soon enough the familiar warm up music began and the team was on the ice for warm ups. I focused, watching for Olli's figure to come onto the ice. I smiled as I seen his tall form skate quickly around the rink a few times before settling into to their normal drills prior to the start of a game. I knew I had to be obnoxiously grinning because Jared elbowed me.

"Now remember my little love struck friend, don't distract him. We need to win tonight." I chuckled before elbowing him back.

"He actually told me he likes knowing I'm watching tonight. He had one of his best games that first night." I said matter-of-factly.

"I never said that he didn't like having you here. Just don't distract him. You know, draw attention to yourself when it isn't needed."

"Jared, I'm used to being invisible. I'll manage."

Olli came over to the bench to stretch but not before scanning the seats for me. He smiled at me and winked. I wanted to wave but remembered the comments I just made. I discretely smiled back and nodded towards my defenseman. His eyes lit up more before he continued his stretches with a little smirk on his face.

"God, you two aren't even together yet and I'm getting nauseous at how repulsively cute you're being." Jared said rolling his eyes.

"Typical male." I muttered after Olli skated off towards the shooting cycle.

Warm ups seemed to end quickly but I managed to get some good pictures of the team and more than I probably needed of Olli and Tanger.

After a great anthem performance by Jeff Jimerson, the puck dropped and the game begun. It was different watching the players I have met. I no longer saw them as a number or body on the ice. I had a personality and memory to apply to them as I observed them in the game. It was weird but oddly nice. They were human beings not just the gods of hockey I had personified them to be.

I tried very hard not to interact with Olli unless he initiated it. There were lots of quick glances and smiles towards me. It was a great game, one of the best of the season so far actually. There were a lot of hits and I was always weary of such physical games because dirty hits could lead to injuries and I hated seeing any player hurt, Penguin or not. But so far so good, no fights or aggressive moves from either team that were unwarranted.

It was the third period and we were up four to two. The goals were great and gave them awesome momentum. Dumo started off the game with the opening tally followed by Cullen, Kessel, and Wilson adding to the score. The Wings had managed to get a couple but we were up by two goals. The game seemed very one sided in favor of our home team and I was very excited about the fact. We had a lot of possession and only one penalty. Tanger and Olli looked amazing together as a D-pair as always and I was thrilled to be able to see them in action live. Since Sullivan had come up from the Baby Pens, he had shaken a lot of the old lines up, not that it was a bad thing. However, the Tanger-Maatta pair was something that I had missed for obvious reasons.

The period was nearly half over when Sid had won a face off passing the puck around the boards to Kuni, who then passed it to Olli. I was suddenly on the edge of my seat, like any other time he had the puck tonight. He hesitated, before winding up for a slap shot. He had the lane, with some traffic; it was possible to score. He drove towards the net and I flew up as it crossed the goal line.

"Oh my god! He scored!! Jared, Olli got a goal!" There was no deflection that I could see; it was his goal. Consol erupted as the Pens were now up 5-2! Party Hard played through out the arena and we all danced as the boys came back to the bench with Olli leading the way. I couldn't help but smile and celebrate that he had gotten a goal. Before settling in his seat he looked up at me and smiled at me.

"For you." He mouthed and I felt my cheeks heat up instantly.

"Did he just...?" Jared asked.

"He did." I said as everyone was sitting down. I just stared at his back as they prepared to drop the puck again with the biggest smile on my lips.

Olli Maatta scored a goal for me.