12.

Chapter 12:

Eventually our moment was broken as the car began to move once again and I turned hug Olli properly before looking up at him. He was still looking out at the city and I just realized how wonderful this guy is. He plays a sport that is physical and aggressive but still has a soft side that would rival most romantics. However, I want to know all of him, not just this sweet side he has been trying so hard to prove exists.

"Olli, I tried not to think about hockey tonight but I had to think that maybe your end of the conversation was a little reserved. It's your life and you hardly spoke on it besides in brief references. I want to know everything about you and that includes your career; it is just like you asking about my schooling. I want you to know that I have really come to like you for you. You're sweet, kind, and awkward at times but I want to spend time with all of you." I said letting my thoughts out.

"I know and I was trying so hard not to bring it up. I shouldn't have been like that. I know you're not like that. It is just that I..." He paused. I know I shouldn't have put him on the spot, but I also wanted to be sure he knew I wasn't using him and I was positive that had to be the reason for his lack of conversation on hockey.

"I had to be sure you wanted to know me for me not just the hockey star." He said blushing.

"I promise the girl you met at Starbucks didn't care if you had a dollar in your pocket or were as rich as Mario. You were a cute boy that made me laugh and I enjoyed the company. What came after is just a bonus." I said teasingly.

"Good to know." I reached up to pull him into a kiss. He wrapped his arms around me and deepened it slightly as he held me tight.

"That's for your goal yesterday, I didn't get to formally congratulate you." I said pulling back from him. He had a smile on his face.

"It was for you. I kept telling myself, if I wanted to impress you, I had to score for you."

"Well, I think you had a great game up until that point. I'm pretty sure between that goal and our date tonight, you have me won over."

"Really? So, you would say yes to another date?" He looked nervous.

"Yes, I would love to go on another date." I said smiling brightly.

"What about to being my girlfriend?" He asked softly.

"I'd like that a lot." I said reaching up to kiss him again.

Our trip reached the top and then started its return trip back to the ground. His arms never left me and I cuddled into his chest as we waited for the car to come to a stop at the base of the track. We walked out and back into the brisk winter air.

"Anything else up your sleeve there Olli?"

"Nope, just a warm ride back home for the night. I hope that is alright." He asked looking down at me.

"Perfectly fine with me." I said as he took my hand and we walked towards the car. We reached my apartment building and he parked in the lot off to the side like he did the other night. He jumped out and ran around to open my door for me.

"Well chivalry is definitely not dead." I said smiling as he took my hand and led me to the door.

"Do you want to come up or?" I asked unsure why he even got out of his car.

"I want to but I want to keep our first date memorable for just us." He said reaching up to caress my cheek.

"You're right Jared would straight out fan girl over you." I said chuckling.

"I really like your laugh." Olli said looking straight into my eyes again before leaning down to press his lips to mine. This wasn't a gentle kiss like the rest of the night. No this was more aggressive and similar to yesterdays in the hallway. I felt the wall against my back and pulled him fuller against me. His hands cupped my face and he started to kiss me harder. However, we were interrupted as a elderly man walked by and coughed loudly before heading into the building.

"Kids these days." He huffed as the door shut behind him.

"I think that's my queue to leave." Olli said pulling away from me.

"I did have a great time tonight Olli. Best first date I've ever been on." I said smiling up at him.

"Good, I'm glad I haven't scared you away yet."

"Never but I should get upstairs before Jared sends out the search parties. I didn't think we'd be out this late to be honest."

"I'm sorr..."

"Don't apologize, it's a good thing." I said reaching up to kiss his cheek one last time.

"If you say so."

"Trust me Olli. Text me tomorrow after morning skate?" I asked as I reached for the door.

"I can do that. Goodnight Alyssa." He said blushing.

"Good night Olli, sweet dreams." I nodded before turning towards the steps.

I nearly ran up the stairs. I was so excited. Call it puppy love or first date syndrome, but I was happy and truly liked Olli. I was more than thrilled he seems to feel the same so far. I opened to door quietly incase Jared was in bed already. But he appeared to be watching the news and on his phone. He jumped at my sound of entering the apartment.

"So..." Jared asked looking up as he took a sip of his beer.

"You can call me a WAG!" I nearly jumped up and down with excitement. Jared was never one to have girl talk with me, but given who he is I couldn't tell Ellie or anyone else really.

"Good, I was worried the boy wouldn't ask you out." He said with a soft smile.

"It was real cute how he did it, asked me on a second date then asked if I'd say yes to being his girlfriend."

"Straight forward much?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Yepp." I said popping my p.

"I haven't seen you this giddy and happy for months. I'm happy for you Lys." He said standing up to give me a hug.

"He's different and no it's not because he's a hockey player. He's such a genuine person so far. He treats me like I'm a princess and he's scared to screw up."

"That's how it should be. He's definitely wooed you, now let's see if he's in it for the long haul."