16.

Chapter 16:

I interacted more openly with the small boy than I had the previous game with Estelle. He was much more social and definitely has his father's charm. He even gave me a small kiss on the cheek.

"Now Alex, you can not do that. She is my girl." Olli said getting down on his knees beside us. I could hear the playful tone in his voice, as he acted jealous and protective of me.

"But I like her too Oncle Olli! She tres belle like ma mere!" Alex pouted wrapping his tiny arms around one of mine. It was cute as he mixed his English and French sentences in his flustered state. I took the toddler's compliment to heart. I was no Catherine Laflamme, but it was adorable that he was comparing me with his mother's natural beauty.

"And you my little man are very handsome just like your father!" I reached down to kiss his cheek in return. The poor boy turned red as a tomato.

"Tanger, I was worried about you whisking her away, but I think I have to worry about your offspring more." I heard Olli say to Kris who was now sitting by Cathy on the couch behind us.

"Alex, that's enough flirting with Miss Alyssa. We need to get you guys upstairs soon before the crowds come." Kris said as if it was nothing. Being spotted with the Letang family would not be a good thing; just as it wasn't if I was seen with Vero and the girls at the last game I attended.

Kris and Cathy stood, pulled Alex away from me, and out the doors.

"I'll bring her out in a second." Olli said standing and then helping me up. He then wrapped his arms around me and placed his head in the crook of my neck. I giggled as his breath tickled my skin. He pulled back smiling before pressing his lips briefly to mine. It was just a short sweet kiss that I smiled brightly after.

"For good luck right?" He asked. I had a feeling this was going to be our routine. 

"Of course, I would love another goal, but I could settle for an assist." I teased playfully as I pecked his lips once more before grabbing his hand and pulling him out the door.

"I can not promise much. The Lightening are going to give us a run for our money."

"Okay, so after the game. Do I just come back down here?"

"Yes or follow Cathy and Vero to the locker room."

"I don't know if I'm quiet ready for that just yet." I said chuckling.

"A lot of the guys are excited to meet the girl who has finally got our little Fin thinking about something other than hockey." I heard Kris say as we got closer to them. I noticed it was the same elevator the Vero and I took on Thursday.

"Alright boys, go change and get ready." Cathy encouraged as she took Alex from her husband.

"I'll see you soon okay?" Olli said squeezing my hand one last time as we got on the elevator.

"You two are adorable together." Cath cooed as soon as the doors closed.

"Well we only became official last night so..."

"Doesn't matter. He's down right smitten from what Kris has told me. Just do me a huge favor and don't hurt him."

"I have no such intentions. I really like Olli."

"He said you were a big fan of my husband."

"Not gonna lie; I'm a huge fan girl. He's my favorite player and has been since 2009. But as of late, that Fin has me pretty well won over." I joked, but instead of laughing her expression suddenly turned cold as she looked towards me.

"I swear if you're using him..." Her tone was not one I had heard from her before; it was bitter and harsh. Even Alex looked up at his mother in curiosity.

"I will tell you just like I have told Olli ten times already. I'm just a simple college girl. We officially met in a coffee shop, like a lot of couples do. Yes, I knew who he was but we talked just like two normal people meeting for the first time. He's just a guy with a special job but I'm here for Olli not Olli Maatta the defenseman for the Penguins. I have not asked for one thing from him. He has offered all this so I could be there to support him because he wants me here." She nodded before her smile returned.

"I'm sorry if I over stepped or seemed rude. Kris has taken Olli under his wing since he was drafted and he's a little brother to him. I just can't see him hurt or being used by a puck bunny. I've seen it with a couple of the newer players in the past and I can't let that happen to Olli."

"I promise you and little Alex here that I am not using him. I truly like him for him. He's shy, kind, and adorably awkward. He's so worried about messing up with me because I'm his first American girlfriend. But then he can be so confident and protective at times." Cathy just smiled softly.

"I believe you and I will hold you to it." She said as we exited the small space. I was more relieved to be back out in open space and away from the unexpected grill session that just happened.

"Please do."

"Okay, so now onto the perks of being a Penguin Girlfriend. The suite is right across from the bench so we have a good view of the guys all night. There is usually some form of snack for the little ones and drinks for everyone. We can go get food and alcohol in the Lexus longue using your access card or you can go back out onto the concourse and use your own money.

We walked towards the Lexus Club side entrance and I noticed a gentleman waiting with a scanner to allow access to the private suites. I quickly grabbed my wallet and handed him my ticket card. He swiped it and the light turned green and I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding.

"For some reason this is all still surreal. I've been to games before but this is a lot to take in." I said quietly as Cathy continued to lead the way.

"It will take some adjusting too, especially if you're not from a high status lifestyle. The guys love to spoil us and the kids, so everything is top of the line."

"So it's kind of a thank-you-for-putting-up-with-hockey-life kinda thing?"

"You could say that, but honestly most of the guys work so hard and like to see us enjoy the fruit of their labor."

"But I just like watching him play. It doesn't have to be from a luxury box that is probably more per game than my month's rent. I'm okay with nosebleeds or even just at home on TV as long as I know he's playing and he's happy." She stopped and looked back at me.

"Thank you." She said with an unexpected smile.

"For what?" I was so confused.

"What you just said truly proves you're here for him. I needed that confirmation even after our chat in the elevator."

"Did you think I was lying?" I asked unsure how to tread on. She seems so genuinely concerned for Olli's wellbeing that it made me happy he had someone looking out for him. However, it was getting unnerving how critical she was being for just meeting me less than an hour ago.

"No, but it was a response that could have been easily rehearsed. I apologize again for being over protective...it's just you are his first American girlfriend and I advised him to move forward carefully."

"I understand and thank you for watching out for him. I'm just as nervous as he is, I haven't exactly dated any Finnish guys myself." She chuckled.

"Keep your promise and I think you'll be just fine. Now deep breath, you're about to enter the world of the Pens WAGs." She said scanning her card and slowly opening the door to the suite. 

A/N: Only briefly edited, please let me know if you guys see any major errors. My normal Beta has been pretty busy lately and unable to read over stuff before I post it. 

Also, I don't want Cathy to come off as rude, I absolutely love her. She is really sweet and kind in real life and is my favorite WAG. She's just being super protective of Olli because of his relationship with Kris, and in my little world, I see her acting this way to scare off any fakers or bunnies.