17.

Chapter 17:

I didn't look at anyone just yet; I simply took in the set up. The room was just like any other suite in the building except little human friendly. There were smaller jump seats next to the rows of cushioned seats, obviously for the Penguin children out on the balcony. There was a bar set up with an attendant behind it. I could see multiple soft drinks as well as juice boxes and cartons of milk for the kids. On a lower sat table, there were crackers and cheese sat out as long as bags of chips, fruit, and veggies. It was a child's paradise. I also saw a small table with chairs for them and several kid games set up.

"Is it normally so kid friendly?" I asked continuing my survey of the large suite.

"No, just on weekends. Most of us won't bring the kids during the week. It's hard with bed times and keeping what little routine we can. Tonight it will be nearly full in here with all the families. A lot of us will simply stand and talk."

"I really enjoy watching games though." I countered. I was here to watch Olli, not be a socialite within the wives and girlfriends. 

"Then go put your stuff on a seat next to my stuff. Alex will never miss a minute of his dad playing, so we usually watch at least the first full period in the seats."

On our way back up the small set of stairs, I saw the Fleurys walk in.

"Miss Alyssa!" I smiled as little Estelle was coming towards me with Vero not far behind. The small girl was oblivious to Alexander who was behind me with his mother.

"Hello Estelle!" I said kneeling down to hug the small child who has surprisingly warmed up to me rather quickly after being so bashful the other night. She held on to me tightly before blushing and turning back to her mother.

"Estelle, Aunt Cathy has Alexander with her why don't you two go play. Alex walked right past me and towards the children's play area with his friend.

"Those two are too cute for their own good!" I said snickering as they argued over which game to play.

"Oh they're a handful when they want to be." Vero added.

"So want to meet some of the other wives?" Cathy asked.

"Sure, a couple would be okay."

"There's Malin, she is Patrick Hornqvist's wife and their daughter Isabella." Vero motioned for the beautiful blonde to come over.

"Vero, Cath, good evening." She said smiling. Her Swedish accent was very thick unlike the two Canadian ladies I have been speaking with all night.

"Malin, this is Alyssa, Olli's girlfriend. This is her first night here so we were going to introduce her to a few of our ladies."

"Nice to meet you Alyssa. This is my daughter Isabella, or Izzy if you prefer." The small child was sleeping very well in her mother's arms but looked gorgeous. Apparently to be adorable was a requirement to be a hockey player's offspring because I'm 4 for 4 right now in that department.

"She is just adorable."

"Thank you, most children are when they are sleeping." She smiled running a hand over her daughters cheek.

"Can't wait to meet her once she's awake." I cooed brushing some of her platinum hair to the side.

"You can hold her for a little bit if you want." Malin offered before handing me the sleeping infant. I was careful to support the Swedish child completely so she didn't stir at all with the transfer. I rocked side to side as she continued her slumber. We shared some brief small talk and she spoke fondly of Sweden and how she missed her home. However, she held a strong love for her husband and made the necessary sacrifices to keep their growing family together. About ten minutes later, I heard someone call for Malin. She kindly excused herself taking her daughter from my arms.